GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTE525R Turbo upgrade. Who is getting this 540+ BHP turbo

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
ill be the one to say it....
lol thicker shaft :D:D
rember kids always increase your shaft thickness before spinning at them higher rpms

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Looks promising. Good power throughout the entire band with a nice flat torque curve on top. Just need a tune for that power!

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Is this a modified IS38?

Read TTE recommends changing valve springs.

Found this
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-s1-s3-8v-tts-cupra-sc-5f-octavia-vrs.261889/

TTE525R Performance Upgrade Turbocharger
GOLF R & GTI MK 7 / AUDI S3 8V / LEON CUPRA & SC 5F / SKODA OCTAVIA vRS 5E

TTE525 is our latest hybrid performance upgrade turbocharger for the new 3rd generation VAG 2.0TSI following on from our proven TTE450+ (TTE470) upgrade stage. Stage 3 power, same stock turbocharger spool and response.

Engineered & Enhanced

To construct a TTE525R we change the original compressor and employ a far larger and more efficient billet wheel with extended tip technology and mill the compressor cover to optimum gap to match the new compressor profile. We CNC mill the turbine housing and install a larger clipped and lightened turbine for greater gas flow. We CNC modify original compressor cover, for increased airflow. We replace the original recirculation solenoid valve with a Motorsport atmospheric blow-off valve that's included in the price.

We also fit our TTE CNC silencer delete. Modifying the turbo discharge silencer, removing the baffle internals and fitting a new straight through section, removing any restriction and its function as a noise cancelling device, and so improving the flow, giving less surge and enhancing the sound.

The clipping of the turbine is a special TTE grinding process to the turbine blade tips. Curved to alleviate stress from process. Clipping reduces blade area thus increasing gas flow and so reducing back pressure and lowering exhaust gas temperatures, allowing safer higher boost level. This process also gives a secondary advantage of removing some material, lightening a allready lightened turbine thus reducing rotational mass improving moment of inertia, meaning fast spool up.

Equilibrium

Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA are dynamically balanced, but this time depending on application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with serial numbered balance test result document.

Key Points

TTE Oversize Latest billet compressor geometry
TTE Oversize turbine/shaft, lightened and clipped
TTE Oversize turbo intake
Genuine IHI CNC modified housings
CNC Optimised modified TTE silencer discharge delete
Motorsport BOV
Optimized clearances
Plug and Play installation
We offer brand new or we also can offer to recondition and upgrade your used turbocharger
Single parts finely balanced then components assembled and core high-speed VSR balanced, supplied with a balance test result document
550PS Capable
Designed, Machined & Built by TTE in Germany
Brand new Price is 3499.00 euro inc VAT

Reconditioned and upgraded used Price is 2449.00 Euro inc VAT (from a Golf r type turbo size)

Shipping does vary but 45.00 euro is a good guide for Europe wide.

(for non EU countries 19% VAT can be deducted)

Reconditioning price shown is based on overhauling and reconditioning, upgrading a undamaged used as new turbocharger within specification. Only once cleaned and dismantled, inspected then a firm price be made.

DanielSL

Ready to race!
$2750.00 U.S. plus shipping both ways, plus the cost of an R type IS38 to send out. That is going to be one very rare modification, when you can get an IS38, and a custom ED or APR tune on top of it for less than $2500.

Phosky

Passed Driver's Ed
This one uses journal bearings, yah?

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
$2750.00 U.S. plus shipping both ways, plus the cost of an R type IS38 to send out. That is going to be one very rare modification, when you can get an IS38, and a custom ED or APR tune on top of it for less than $2500.

I don't think it's $2500 ontop of the turbo. It's $2500 for a used turbo that they modify.

That said, it's not a bad price.

DanielSL

Ready to race!
I don't think it's $2500 ontop of the turbo. It's $2500 for a used turbo that they modify.

That said, it's not a bad price.[/QUOTE

Nope... It's 2750 at todays conversion rate, if you supply them with a new IS38 right now. If you buy it outright, with current euro conversion, you're looking at about 4500 U.S. without shipping.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Can I run apr is38 tune with this? Or will I get weak ass numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how. Fuel maps would need to be very different to add over 100hp over the APR IS38 tune, amoung other things.

Also it says plugnplay but I read on another forum you need to replace your valve springs. That becomes major surgery and more cost. And not a mention of software.

I'd want to know more about testing. Did they modify a single (or even a few) IS38 turbos in this way and now they're going to attempt to replicate this on your turbo? Will their experiment blow up on your engine potentially taking your whole engine with it by the chunks which get sucked into your intake?

It all seems plausible. They've essentially ported, polished, and blue printed the OE turbo. Is there any precidence for this? Modifying a turbo and gaining this much additional performance from it, and with high reliability?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
TTE isn't new to this game, they have been building, repairing and modifying turbos for a long time. I'd be much more concerned about the software aspect.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Don't forget possibly needing new injectors. I think it would come right near or pass the stock fueling limit. I think the R injectors would be enough assuming the dyno is on a stock fueling system, but even that I feel might be near max.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie

That said, it's not a bad price.[/QUOTE

Nope... It's 2750 at todays conversion rate, if you supply them with a new IS38 right now. If you buy it outright, with current euro conversion, you're looking at about 4500 U.S. without shipping.
$4500 doesn't sound so bad, when you consider it runs $7000+ to strap a decent supercharger on a N/A V8 (ie. Camaro). And then you still run the risk of higher compression ratios with boost, custom tune, etc.

In any case, I'll be keeping an eye on it for when my warranty runs out. Anyone dealt with TTE before in the US? How reliable will a setup like this be?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk