GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTE525R Turbo upgrade. Who is getting this 540+ BHP turbo

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
What kind of gains are we talking about gn4 do you know? IS20-IS38 type gains? I only ask because the IS38 upgrade is only $1200 (hardware) and for those of us going the JB4 route, that still is the best deal for 350whp it looks like (pricing wise).

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya which turbo is that gn4r? I just saw the TTE470 and 525 but both require an IS38 core. That being said, the 470 is $1000 cheaper at like $2800 and I think I saw a dyno of ~450whp.

MRC Tuning I think has graphs for a few different ones.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya I figured that's right on the edge of stock components needing to be upgraded. Injectors can handle it ok, or we need to think fueling too? I thought it might be right on that edge..

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Ok thanks George. I am thinking then that the JB4 is best mated with a 470 then? I.E. that would be the best option for a turbo+DP modded car? (stock fuelling)

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Ok thanks George. I am thinking then that the JB4 is best mated with a 470 then? I.E. that would be the best option for a turbo+DP modded car? (stock fuelling)

With the JB4 we need to see if we can cover the AFR range required otherwise it may need to be coupled with a backend flash. At the moment its a good option but if you planning on upgrading I would wait as there are many turbo options coming out on the short term.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah no, one step at a time.
I won't be doing a turbo upgrade until warranty is out. My only goal at this time is 12.9 with a JB1 :-D