GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTE525R Turbo upgrade. Who is getting this 540+ BHP turbo

RaysMK7GTI

Ready to race!

There you have it ladies and gentlemen....this is a bummer [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]

My questions:
1. What ecu tuning are you running??
2. Do you have any vendors in the United States

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
It all seems plausible. They've essentially ported, polished, and blue printed the OE turbo. Is there any precidence for this? Modifying a turbo and gaining this much additional performance from it, and with high reliability?

This happens everywhere. Big business in the Porsche world.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen....this is a bummer [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]

My questions:

No way.... to make that power the ecu software can never be be stock they have to be using some kind of tuning. Luckily here in South Africa we have a Tuning Company Called Tuned 2 Race. They do custom files for these kind of stuff.. big turbos etc.. they custom tune the file with you mods til it is perfect.

RaysMK7GTI

Ready to race!

My questions:

There has been a misunderstanding between myself and a rep from TTE....the answers where to questions:
1. What internal upgrades need to be done or have been done??

NOT the matter of a stock ECU

Oryx R

Ready to race!
There has been a misunderstanding between myself and a rep from TTE....the answers where to questions:
1. What internal upgrades need to be done or have been done??

NOT the matter of a stock ECU

Another thing to consider is that if you have a USA car or not. Unfortunately we dont have the port injection that the ROW cars have and I'm almost positive everything they have done has been with the extra fueling capabilities/benefits.

We get the shaft once again.

Another thing to consider is that if you have a USA car or not. Unfortunately we dont have the port injection that the ROW cars have and I'm almost positive everything they have done has been with the extra fueling capabilities/benefits.

We get the shaft once again.

What is this port injection? Is it the second set of injectors? Purpose of this? And why does the USA cars dont hav them?

Phosky

Passed Driver's Ed
What is this port injection? Is it the second set of injectors? Purpose of this? And why does the USA cars dont hav them?
Injectors located at the intake manifold, usually near the flange where it mates to the cylinder head. It injects fuel right at the intake ports -- hence "port injection".

Oryx R

Ready to race!

Yeah the ROW cars have 8 injectors and no carbon buildup problems at all. It is a HUGE bummer that we don't get them and even more so for those of us who want to squeeze more power from these engines.

In stock form they supposedly only use the port injection during certain situations for fuel economy and emissions but the tuners can use it for for their own purposes;)

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Anyone know anyone running one of these TTE turbos in the US?

Like the simplicity of OE interfacing, essentially an upgraded IS38.

Found some dyno on Euro forums running this turbo nothing in thr US.

Not sure what software they are running. Ideally I'd like to see this sold as a package with software through a tuner like Eurodyne, Unitronic, GIAC, ect. I doubt APR would develope software for it since it competes with their stage 3 kit.

We'd probably need port injectors to get the most from this like the new APR kit.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya I'd wonder if one of the custom tuners like UM could tune it. Obviously not OTS but it would be a nice option.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone know anyone running one of these TTE turbos in the US?

Like the simplicity of OE interfacing, essentially an upgraded IS38.

Found some dyno on Euro forums running this turbo nothing in thr US.

Not sure what software they are running. Ideally I'd like to see this sold as a package with software through a tuner like Eurodyne, Unitronic, GIAC, ect. I doubt APR would develope software for it since it competes with their stage 3 kit.

We'd probably need port injectors to get the most from this like the new APR kit.

They have only started shipping recently. I know APR had one on order and I think UM will tune a car very soon too. Not sure why anyone else is not on top of it as it adds value and future scope for their users.

We getting ours next week, going to mess around with a flash first and see what it requires and if possible have a solution down the line with a JB4+backend flash combo.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Geroge,

That would be an impressive setup to say the least... Bolt on a turbo that makes 450+whp using a JB4 type system with zero traceability. =)

Even if that's not possible this system has a lot of appeal. Essentially bolt on an IS38 and flash software (or install a JB4 system) and your daily driver is now in the 11s on street tires and broaches 120mph in the traps. This hot rodded IS38 isn't cheap. But if it proves to be reliable it would represent a huge breakthrough for the platform.