GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI 1.8 Unitronic IS20 A/T 09G - BMS Pedal Tuner

Scanner

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI 1.8
I am sharing my new experience with a pedal tuner I installed today in less than 3 minutes. I'm satisfied with my HPs and will not change my turbo or my Uni tune. So I wanted to improve the throttle response.
I regret not installing it earlier—nice and satisfying mod. I believe especially for those 1.8 with a larger than IS12 turbo, with a 09G/Slush box or even 5-sp Manual. The BMS has 3 stages and options for tunning each one. So far, I like stage 2, and maybe I will tune it between 1 and 2.
I usually drove my Golf 1.8 on the S or "manual" because the D shifts too early. Even half-throttle, the D shifts before 2K, in the lower range when there is no significant boost from the IS20, which was annoying. Now, I can keep it on D, and I feel I woke up the car with the pedal tuner. The engine now revs in the mid-range and doesn't short shift.
I think at a fair price, CAD 240, which is around 180 USD.
Anyone with a similar 'happy" experience?

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Not endorsing your price but I have the BMS pedal tuner on an 09G car. Yes it's quite good for anyone annoyed by the throttle lag and lugging behavior VW builds in for fuel economy. Glad I bought mine. Easy to install, setup and can be adjusted easily sitting at a stop light. Would be a decent mod for an untuned 09G car as well.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Installed on I picked up used a few mos back. Great little mod. I'm IS38/DSG and run it at max.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I love mine. It's one of those things you notice when it's not there.

Scanner

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI 1.8
I love mine. It's one of those things you notice when it's not there.
Exactly. I know the VW delay in throttle response benefits fuel consumption, so I turned it off for a while but in a few minutes my "whatever" thoughts prevailed and it is on again.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I can say that the 09G trans constantly lugs in everyday driving, seeking fuel economy. It's somewhat annoying on hilly roads. So, when you do need to speed up a bit, the stock throttle lag just adds to the sluggish feel. In my case, even with a JB4.

The pedal tuner helps quite a bit with this.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
09G cars seem to like try try to build boost at very low RPMs and hold it too. It's the worst lugging I've ever seen.