GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

trw pads ghost?

fabr

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 golf R
hello
went through old post and found guys asking for low dust pads for golf R along with nice grabbing power daily driver and occasional spirited driving
it seems TRW TPC 1633 FRONT AND TRW TPS 1761 REAR should be the way to go to reduce dust and have a nice linear stopping @ fair price
tried to buy , but nobody has em. any advice where to find em? thank you

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
FCP euro had them for my S3 last month, but went with the isweep 1500 instead, guess what, still dust, less than oew but still, don’t know about stopping power but if I had to do it again I will get the TRW and save almost $200

fabr

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 golf R
FCP euro had them for my S3 last month, but went with the isweep 1500 instead, guess what, still dust, less than oew but still, don’t know about stopping power but if I had to do it again I will get the TRW and save almost $200
this is what i heard about isweep. but apparently FCP don t have anymore. i tried. thanks anyway

fabr

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 golf R
i have found the front trw pads.
TXH 1633 (new code) from FCP under audi
now looking for some good rear pads low dust

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I've been running Centric posiquiet pads and they are great. They squeal a tiny bit under light pedal pressure but the dust is super low and they stop HARD

snamtrac

i have found the front trw pads.
TXH 1633 (new code) from FCP under audi
now looking for some good rear pads low dust
I see these are semi-metallic and no longer ceramic. I reached to TRW to see if they discontinued the TFC1633's.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I see these are semi-metallic and no longer ceramic. I reached to TRW to see if they discontinued the TFC1633's.
Wow...A friend of mine just installed these based on my recommendation. I didn't notice the change from TPC1633 to TXH1633. I ordered my TRW Ceramics from FCP euro and when I clicked on the link to the original ceramics on my order the new number comes up so I thought it was the same but they are using the OEM part number I guess of 8V068151C

Confusing indeed...

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...p-brake-pads-w-less-dust-thread.357406/page-3

Here's a report on the TFC1633s.

Tl;dr they apparently feel better than OEM with a linear braking behavior, with 40-45% less dust. But mentions that there are probably better options out there.
That was my post. I've had these TPC1633 TRW pads on since that post and I would say the dust is more like 70-80% less than stock...especially since brake-in (when they dusted a bit more). The pads are great for 90% of what you need in a pad, still highly recommend no matter what part number they call them now! Oh and btw, they are good for about 1.5 laps on a race track LOL

Attachments

• tempImageGD1n5n.png
    tempImageGD1n5n.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 115

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
That was my post. I've had these TPC1633 TRW pads on since that post and I would say the dust is more like 70-80% less than stock...especially since brake-in (when they dusted a bit more). The pads are great for 90% of what you need in a pad, still highly recommend no matter what part number they call them now! Oh and btw, they are good for about 1.5 laps on a race track LOL
The problem is the new part number is not the same ceramic pad. They new number is like the OEM pad which dusts a bit more with less fade of course. But it's essentially the OEM pad. It seems the ceramic TRW's are no longer offered...at least for now...

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Just got off the phone with TRW (ZF) and they are still making the TPC1633, BUT they also have an upgraded formulation which is the TXH1633 which is an ultra low metallic formulation offering a little more bite than the TPC and a little more performance albeit with slightly more dust. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on them as they are only $40.95 at ECS Tuning.

The part number 8V068151C is a different formulation than the TPC and TXH (which are aftermarket TRW parts) it was designed for the manufacturer and it is a low-metallic pad...not ultra low like the TXH pad. So it should dust more than the TXH and TPC pads but better than OG OEM Golf R pads.
Hope this helps folks picking OEM fitment brake pads at a good reasonable price.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Just got off the phone with TRW (ZF) and they are still making the TPC1633, BUT they also have an upgraded formulation which is the TXH1633 which is an ultra low metallic formulation offering a little more bite than the TPC and a little more performance albeit with slightly more dust. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on them as they are only $40.95 at ECS Tuning.

The part number 8V068151C is a different if formulation than the TPC and TXH (which are aftermarket TRW parts) it was designed for the manufacturer and it is a low-metallic pad...not ultra low like the TXH pad. So it should dust more than the TXH and TPC pads but better than OG OEM Golf R pads.
Hope this helps folks picking OEM fitment brake pads at a good reasonable price.
Where can you get the TPC because I don’t see them available. My friend got the TXH and he’s not happy with the dust.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Where can you get the TPC because I don’t see them available. My friend got the TXH and he’s not happy with the dust.
Do you know how long he has had the pads? They all dust more at break-in. As for the TPC pads, there is stock at TRW, places need to order them to get them in stock (FCP Euro, ECS tuning and others), I'd reach out and have them get ordered.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Do you know how long he has had the pads? They all dust more at break-in. As for the TPC pads, there is stock at TRW, places need to order them to get them in stock (FCP Euro, ECS tuning and others), I'd reach out and have them get ordered.
I will have to ask him now as he's put a few thousand miles on them since I installed them. Though initial he said they dusted the same as stock. We just came back from a trip to NC to hit the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and Clingman's Dome so they are pretty broken in by now. Great fun and I luckily had the smarts to remove the TRW TPC's in favor of Ferodo DS2500's for those spirited drives.

That said, when I went into my order history of when I bought my ceramic TRW TPC1633's the link takes you to the TRW THX1633's. Also when you click on the 1 review for these...it's the TPC that's referenced in the review. Here is where I got confused when I shared the link to my friend who thought, we thought, these were the same pads. I had to double check my link as the description did seem different since it didn't mentioned these being ceramic and I saw 1633 but I didn't notice the THX vs TPC difference at the time.

Here is a link to FCP:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-brake-pad-set-trw-8v0698151c

I don't need pads now and I guess it's up to my friend to follow up if FCP is going to stock these.