GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trusted Indie Shop by State Thread

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Bd1yR6wUXTWLOZFfyj-pTPsVOf0-sc5X2eP9JE0lTw/edit?usp=sharing

We have a member by state thread, so why not a trusted shop by state thread?!:p

Quite a few of us, on a daily basis, get asked for recommendations from other members, on finding a trusted shop in/around their local area for help with their GTI's (or similar VW). I'd like to create this thread to assist with the compilation of recommendations of TRUSTED indie mechanics and shops, where our members have personally received services and can attest to their work. This is not a "I have a buddy who has a shop thread".....we all have buddies with shops.

For contribution in this thread, you need to say what specific services they have performed for you; if multiple services under the same topic , then you can site "drivetrain, suspension, engine internals, etc". This can also include trusted body shops you use.

PM me with the state, city and name of shop (mechanic/service director's name can also be submitted) and what they've done for you. I will then add the shop to the list and have your screen name as the recommending source.

Mods....can we make this a sticky like the other member list?

If no specific services are identified in your PM to me, I will just state "various services" for what you trust that shop with.

Example:
Virginia - Powhatan - PERCEPTION MOTOR WERKS - drivetrain, engine, suspension, frame work, tuning (swcrow, Tigeo)

Let's get this started!

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Hopefully this will take off and be a good resource for those who don’t have a go to local shop yet!

I personally asked my shop NOT be included on the list since I’ve very selective about the work I take on, being it’s a side gig I stay plenty busy with my existing customer base and production parts I ship out.

Thanks Scott for hosting yet another very useful thread!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hopefully this will take off and be a good resource for those who don’t have a go to local shop yet!

I personally asked my shop NOT be included on the list since I’ve very selective about the work I take on, being it’s a side gig I stay plenty busy with my existing customer base and production parts I ship out.

Thanks Scott for hosting yet another very useful thread!
Thanks for the encouragement Jake and your shop will not be included.

Link is up and live......just needs more input!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Altered components is Fredericksburg is fantastic. Josh is great to deal with and provides great Service at very reasonable prices. Can’t recommend him enough.

39 McWhirt loop suite 112
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
540-729-1500
I got you both... will update tomorrow

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Northeast Florida in Jacksonville Southside Euro.

brownstig

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT
Deutschwurx in Hanover, Maryland. Scott is the owner and operator. Very helpful and knowledgeable. I get all my tuning stuff done there and will be going in to get my clutch and downpipe installed soon.