GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trusted Indie Shop by State Thread

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Took some time off, certs expired, you know......got all these updated. Bring on some moar!

Trusted shop: HS Tuning

30205 Clemens Rd
Unit A
Westlake, OH 44145
United States

www.hstuning.com

Only shop in northern Ohio area that I would trust to work on stock or modified VW, Audi, or Porsche vehicles. Master APR distributor, experienced technicians, and enthusiast owned and operated.

Steer Clear: German Auto Pros in Parma, Ohio
I haven't used them personally but i know a ton of guys up here have used them and love them. From what i know they can and will do anything including tuning and engine builds.
Vast Performance
Ferndale, MI 48220
NYC/LI area here. I’ve been recommended European Auto of Island Park by another member here. I go there for all of my maintenance or mod installs now. Cheapest and best quality in the area by far.

European Auto of Island Park
3480 Hampton Rd, Oceanside, NY 11572
I'll second that. I decided to check them out last year for some work and they have been great to work with so far. They did a rear main seal, FMIC, dogbone mount and installed a vibrant resonated midpipe from Jake onto my car. They have also done some general maintenance and helped me diagnose a bad steering rack. They have been very transparent with me and I usually recommend them as well to people in Queens and LI
A very good friend of mine John, tuning and fabrication of the highest quality:

support@lhtperformance.com
727-344-1800
© 2023 LHT Performance
6330 46th Street N. Unit 111 - Pinellas Park,
FL. 33781 - USA.

Included in my signature, but I don't think he knows that :cool:....

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Took some time off, certs expired, you know......got all these updated. Bring on some moar!

I'm not really sure how to list them because they've grown so quickly and are in multiple states now, but Eurofed has treated me great and they're the only ones I go to at this point (other than warranty/recall work). They have multiple locations, but I'll list the one that I go to. They're typically working on Porsche, Ferrari, and Lambo, but they still treat my lowly GTI with the same care haha.

Atlanta, GA
Eurofed - Atlanta
3900 N Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30341
(470) 349-8135
My preferred service advisors: John Jovaneli or Aldin Salijevic
My preferred tech: Jacob Shores
Personal work I've had done: Mostly regular maintenance (oil changes, DSG service, tire rotation, etc), a wheel swap with alignment, and my dogbone insert installed while they had it on the lift during a recent oil change. They do tune and do a ton of performance work as well, I just don't have any personal experience with it since I'm trying to leave my car alone haha.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm not really sure how to list them because they've grown so quickly and are in multiple states now, but Eurofed has treated me great and they're the only ones I go to at this point (other than warranty/recall work). They have multiple locations, but I'll list the one that I go to. They're typically working on Porsche, Ferrari, and Lambo, but they still treat my lowly GTI with the same care haha.

Atlanta, GA
Eurofed - Atlanta
3900 N Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30341
(470) 349-8135
My preferred service advisors: John Jovaneli or Aldin Salijevic
My preferred tech: Jacob Shores
Personal work I've had done: Mostly regular maintenance (oil changes, DSG service, tire rotation, etc), a wheel swap with alignment, and my dogbone insert installed while they had it on the lift during a recent oil change. They do tune and do a ton of performance work as well, I just don't have any personal experience with it since I'm trying to leave my car alone haha.

No this is perfect....for everyone to know the specific place you trust and go to. Added!

_cruster

Ready to race!
East side, Western Washington - these guys are a little over an hour from me, but absolutely worth the drive.

Redmond, WA
Achtuning
14540 NE 91st St, Redmond, WA 98052
425-895-0000
Preferred Service Advisor: Kelly Campbell
Preferred Tech: (unsure)
Personal work I've had done: IS20 install, front drive axle replacement, alignment

nefario90

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ll play too

European Motorworks
Mount Juliet, TN

Jerry is the main tech and owner, he’s been wrenching on VWs for over 30 years so he knows a thing or two. Rates are very reasonable and he does great work. The only Unitronic dealer in the Nashville TN area I think.

There’s another great euro shop in Nashville as well but they’re bit more expensive:
German Performance Options (GPO)
Nashville, TN

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
East side, Western Washington - these guys are a little over an hour from me, but absolutely worth the drive.

Redmond, WA
Achtuning
14540 NE 91st St, Redmond, WA 98052
425-895-0000
Preferred Service Advisor: Kelly Campbell
Preferred Tech: (unsure)
Personal work I've had done: IS20 install, front drive axle replacement, alignment

German Performance Options (GPO)

Thanks for the input....nice to have WA and TN rep'd in the spreadsheet!

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
An Idaho shop, east side of the state.

Eurotech
546 W 21st St
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
(208) 524-5996

Been in business for a while. I have trust issues with shops, but the work they’ve done for me has been good. Mainly the small attention to detail, doing things how I’d expect has set me at ease.

The local VW dealer has been subpar though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
An Idaho shop, east side of the state.

Eurotech
546 W 21st St
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
(208) 524-5996

Been in business for a while. I have trust issues with shops, but the work they’ve done for me has been good. Mainly the small attention to detail, doing things how I’d expect has set me at ease.

The local VW dealer has been subpar though.

Trusted Minnesota: Further performance

specialize in VW/Audi aftermarket and other euro cars. They are also an APR dealer

Updated!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Bumping this up.......anyone want to add a good shop they trust?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Edge Motors in West Haverstraw, NY

Sergei is a Audi/VW genius (did an Audi S5 Tesla conversion) and an amazing mechanic

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I’m pretty sure I already said this earlier in the thread but because I just went again this weekend and had a great experience I’m reiterating:

Tin Can Racing (TCR)
341 US 9, Lanoka Harbor NJ.

They had like 7 RS3’s there for builds when I showed up on Saturday. Small family owned shop that’s basically just 2 brothers doing the work and their friends/little brother running the gas pumps and doing the little stuff.

I was hungover when I left to get my Haldex flushed and rear endlinks re-greased. I grabbed a bottle of underseal instead of the Haldex fluid🙄. Unfortunately they didn’t notice until after they flushed the Haldex so they sent their little brother to go scoop fluid from the closest VW dealer, 30 mins away. Didn’t charge me any money for his time/gas spent driving to/from the dealer.

Once he was back they were done in minutes. They had already showed me in the beginning that my endlinks were well greased, but the sway bar bushings had never been greased. 3 different mechanics before them couldn’t figure it out (admittedly two were dealers).

goe-mk7

Wolf AutoPower
Lorton, VA
Owner: Tihomir

Work done:
1. Suspension work (tried to get squeaking out of already installed APR springs—improved it but didn’t eliminate it; however, he did fix some of the install mistakes the other place made).
2. Swapped out plastic oil pan for metal one (came into the shop early to accommodate my schedule).
3. Oil and other fluids changed.

ShartyMcFly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
Vagwerks Performance Martinsburg WV. I only got a tune there but, I heard great things about them. They took time to answer all of my questions gave me a good quote on a clutch and other services. When I get the money I am going back to have a dp installed.