GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trunk and Glovebox LED upgrade

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Anyone knows the type of LED bulbs for our MK7 glove box and trunk are?
Thanks. Been wanting to switch those halogens for awhile...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Get the OEM VW LED units for the footwells as its the same fit..thats what I did.

I don't know if the hatch boot light is the same bulb as the estate boot light, but I just got a Phillips LED bulb....which remained dimly lit due to the way the boot light is powered. I had to solder a resistor across the LED to make the total resistance higher.

LED light for glovebox using unit from footwell as direct fit for glovebox

LED bulb for rear boot area (Phillips X-treme vision 43mm festoon C5W 6000K with resistor mod to turn fully off!)
info here:-
VW Golf MK7 Estate, GT spec, Tungsten Silver, 1.4TSI | Page 7 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Deautokey was the type I've used, and on my mk5 too.
Only thing is I have to run a wire branch to the left side to be able to use a second light (because packages block it on right sometimes).
I chose blue to get rid of the white lights at night, and to match the Cornflower Blue. The color change gimmick seems..... less useful.
There's already enough red in the car.

https:/--/deautokey.com/category/shop-by-car-model-vw-gti-golf-mk7-5-2018

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
thanks all i got the Deauto trunk and glove LEDs, they seem to be what everyone is buying and prices are reasonable.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
Great customer service as well. When I got mine one bulb was slightly out of spec and a pin got bent installing it. They replaced it and had me send the out of spec one to them so they could confirm the manufacturing error.