GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Troubleshooting MK7.5 LED Tails with DAP harness for MK7 R

jmarc

Hello,

I recently purchased the MK7 to MK7.5 Facelift LED Tail Light Adapter Harness for MK7 and the corresponding OEM MK7.5 LED Tail Lights from shopdap.com. I completed the wiring, installation, and coding today, and everything seems to be working except for the Reverse Light on the Driver's Side (see attached photo).

Some additional info:
-- 2016 Golf R (US)
-- I was NOT planning to code for a rear fog light, so I inserted the green wire into pin 6 on the Driver's Inner Harness (see attached photo).
-- I used the OBDeleven app to perform the coding with one touch. My ODX version was 15001, so I chose "LED OLD BCM".
-- In the "Faults" section of the OBDeleven app, I'm getting Fault Code B133315: "Left brake lamp/turn signal bulb"

What should be the next steps in troubleshooting this issue? Has anyone seen a similar issue before?
Thanks!

FaultyReverseLight.jpg
PinoutDriversInnerHarness.jpg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Generally I‘m not a fan of using apps because you have no control about the coding changes. In your case I guess the app coded it as with rear fog light but you have wired it differently.
- Lasttyp 28 should be as Lasttyp 29.
- Set LichtfunktionA28 to Rückfahrlicht

For the fault:
Set Leuchte20 Fehlerort mittleres Byte (...) to 0

jmarc

Thanks very much for the reply! You were right, the app coded the rear fog light functionality (Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaeenger gestekt) to Lasttyp 28. I changed the LichtfunktionA28 to Rückfahrlicht (same as 29) and everything works as expected!

Can you please provide more information on the "Fehlerort mittleres Byte" field. What determines the values that should be set here for each Leuchte<#>?

Thanks again!!

kdub808

Ready to race!
*EDIT* I fixed the issue, but I'll leave this post here in case anyone else encounters this issue or needs OEM or DAP coding they can download my doc below.

Hey @ZERO815, I had the same issue and this helped me fix it, thanks! :)

But I have another issue I'm hoping you can help me with... My passenger side outer blinker is not working (US 2016 MK7 R). I previously had the Audiamant adapter, uninstalled it, re-coded everything back to stock, installed the DAP harness, and ran the code in OBD11 to auto-program it (I also have a Ross-Tech VCDS, so I was able to fix the reverse light using that). Both left and right blinkers worked with the Audiamant adapter so I can rule out an issue with the bulb in the tail light itself. Everything else works fine, including the inner and outer drivers side blinker. I wanted to rule out any coding issues before I start hunting down physical wiring and connector issues. Any idea why JUST the outer passenger dynamic blinker is not working? Do you know what wire specifically powers the outer passenger blinker? Thanks!

Here is a link to an excel document I put together listing OEM tail light settings, Vs. Shop DAP's edits to help me keep track of any changes I made, could you please take a look and let me know if I got any of the settings wrong? :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii20rik3k...Coding-OEM-PLUS-ShopDAP-Settings.numbers?dl=0

//
photo_2020-11-30 13.12.22.jpeg

Thank you!

🍺

Generally I‘m not a fan of using apps because you have no control about the coding changes. In your case I guess the app coded it as with rear fog light but you have wired it differently.
- Lasttyp 28 should be as Lasttyp 29.
- Set LichtfunktionA28 to Rückfahrlicht

For the fault:
Set Leuchte20 Fehlerort mittleres Byte (...) to 0

Last edited:

kdub808

Ready to race!
Nevermind, found the issue. Yellow wire backed out after I plugged it in :

photo_2020-12-01 14.43.23.jpeg

Make sure you have the wire pushed ALL the way in before snapping down the back-out safety clip kids! 😂.

The coding was fine. Well at least now I know... the yellow wire from the DAP 7.5 tail light harness controls the outer right dynamic blinker. 👍🏻

ryan2098

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I have a question. I purchased the ShopDap wiring harness because my car already had the dynamic tail lights installed (PN: Left outer - 5G0945207G Right outer - 5G0945208G) I will go look at inners in a minute. But the previous owner seems to have cut the MK7.5 wiring housing off of the tail lights and spliced in the MK7 wiring housing. I am now trying to purchase the MK7.5 wiring housing (PN: 1K8972718 or 1K8972718B) only difference is color. I still cannot find the pins so any help there would be appreciated. I also cannot find a wiring harness. So my question is can you possibly make me one with your tail lights and a multimeter?