GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble with starting from stop on 6MT

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
I also bring my revs up to around 2000rpm on takeoff to make it smooth. Deff feels like way more gas then other manual cars I’ve driven (just Honda’s). But those weren’t turbo cars, maybe that effects it.
I have it on my short list to change out my engine mounts to see if that effects anything

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I also bring my revs up to around 2000rpm on takeoff to make it smooth. Deff feels like way more gas then other manual cars I’ve driven (just Honda’s). But those weren’t turbo cars, maybe that effects it.
I have it on my short list to change out my engine mounts to see if that effects anything

Being turbocharged has nothing to do with clutch engagement. It's just how the transmission is unfortunately.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
It always amazes me that you guys stateside can legally drive a MT on public roads without any prior tuition?, in the UK, if you pass your driving test in an auto, an auto is all you can drive, unless you take a manual test which allows you to drive both MT and auto, 95% of new drivers here take a MT test anyway which comprises 50/50 of a theory and practical assessment.

Last edited:

dtran11

Go Kart Newbie
It always amazes me that you guys stateside can legally drive a MT on public roads without any prior tuition?, in the UK, if you pass your driving test in an auto, an auto is all you can drive, unless you take a manual test which allows you to drive both MT and auto, 95% of new drivers here take a MT test anyway which comprises 50/50 of a theory and practical assessment.
Our roads are bigger and more open so it's easier to drive in general compared to UK

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1

I didn’t even know that was a thing! That is a great idea to offer a MT license as an option. I wish we did that here!!

How much additional training does the MT license require?

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Carlosfandang0 I understand where you are coming from, but so few people in the States

I didn’t even know that was a thing! That is a great idea to offer a MT license as an option. I wish we did that here!!

How much additional training does the MT license require?
You can take the test without any training, very unlikely you’d pass though, basically the MT test is the norm and you have to ask to do the auto test, either test you do still requires you to pass a theory test before you can even book your practical test, https://www.gov.uk/learn-to-drive-a-car