GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble after fresh clutch install. No gears when running

Ronald818

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hello all,

New member here and kind of at a standstill and I don’t know what else to do.

Car will not go into any gear while running. I have tried bleeding multiple times and I know have a power bleeder on the way

I’m a big DIYer and have had many VWs but this is my first MK7 so i’m turning to y’all.

I just did a fresh stage 3 clutch install with a single mass flywheel on my R, New Luk throwout bearing came with the kit, ECS billet bleeder block, and not that it matters but a billet rear main upgrade. I followed FCPeuros DIY instructions on everything during the install. Everything went together smoothly with the exception of one thing. I bench bled the throwout bearing and put the cap back over like it said too. When I was seating (everything was perfectly aligned) it compressed the bearing and blew that dust cap off and all the fluid. I thought “oh well it will bleed”. I continued on and bled after I had the 3 trans bolts back in. I got pedal so I thought it was fine. Needless to say, I have pedal but the throwout bearing is not disengaging the clutch. I’m guessing there is an air in it or just bleeding it normally will not force fluid down to it like it should.

I did search the forums before posting this thread and found a couple people having this problem but not a set in stone fix. So I decided to start a new one. Please help if you can.

I have pictures of the install and clutch disk is 100% install the correct way.

Ronald818

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I have one on the way, Im hoping that works. I’m just making sure with y’all or just trying to see if someone had the same issue. I really don’t want to pull it back apart again, but I will if I have too.

Pinche.adam

Passed Driver's Ed
I have one on the way, Im hoping that works. I’m just making sure with y’all or just trying to see if someone had the same issue. I really don’t want to pull it back apart again, but I will if I have too.
Well did it work...pretty shady when members come here ask for help, talk about a possible solution and then disappear.