GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Triax oil

H

Huntermike

I haven’t paid over $2/qt in years for synthetic oil. I wouldn’t dare try an unknown quantity.

knollMk7

Ready to race!
I'm gonna try their 5w-30VX (not LX):

The company's advertising shows supposed extreme turbo and engine wear capability, but they are jut a "packager/blender" and not OEM.

502/505/504/507 specs (keep the receipts, record the mileage etc. for VW warranty yada yada)

Attachments

• triax.JPG
    triax.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 178

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Triax isn't listed in either of the approved-oil service bulletins I've seen (both dated last year), so I'd be skeptical about using it instead of an approved oil.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I've been using this oil since about 5k miles or so. I'm currently at 15k. I'm going to do a Blackstone analysis on the oil that is in there now, which has about 4k miles on it. I did a 50/50 mix of 0w30 and their now not-available 5w-50 Racing oil. I'm sure some you won't approve mixing viscosity for whatever reason, I don't care. I'm about to put in run their 5w40. Its PAO-Ester based, cheap and relatively readily available. I'm not saying its THE BEST oil, or everyone should run out and get it. But I've had no issues with it, and that includes many track days. Horray for oil.

Attachments

• PXL_20210710_020503732.jpg
    PXL_20210710_020503732.jpg
    995.8 KB · Views: 66