GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Transmission Mount Insert

Scanner

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI 1.8
Has anyone installed the "Torque Solution Urethane Transmission Mount Insert"? I haven't reviews or videos on youtube regarding this part.
I have a MK7 with Unitronic 1+ going for 2 with the IS20 and a DP. I've already installed an APR dogbone mount + insert with good results on wheel hop control and overall traction, but still room for improvement, especially with the extra power coming. My tires are from a reputable performance brand.
This is what Torque Solution says: "You can expect a much better feel under braking, acceleration, & lateral G's. While typically most " Race Cars " use a solid mount, this solution is less harsh and still maintains better control of the transmission movement without the issue of Solid Mount Vibration. - Eliminates wheel hop / traction loss - Improved 60fts / e.t's - 75A durometer."
Is it what they say? Any additional vibration? I already feel some vibration with the APR dogbone + insert, I was not looking forward to having more.
TS-VW-312-2_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Scanner

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI 1.8
Yeah, that's a BFI insert. I run one.
And have you noticed any significant improvement as they say? Too much cabin vibrations?

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I just had the Stage 1 BFI mounts installed with a 70A powerflex dogbone insert and any in-cabin vibration is absolutely minimal, AC on or off, and in reverse. In cabin engine noise is louder.