GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traded my R in for an R

Hatcher

Ready to race!
Traded in my modded oryx White 2016 manual for this lightly used 2019 DSG on Saturday.

I was specifically looking for one with the gloss black wheel option. Loving it so far!

My daily manual transmission traffic nightmares are over, digital dash and bigger screen are sublime. And although it’s stock, it feels fast because DSG!

but yes I’ll occasionally miss you angry white manual Golf :(
B36456C4-8835-4530-8653-BDBC69A7C312.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
looks great, congrats! i traded a manual gti for a dsg gti... got sick of it and got another manual gti :D

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
...but have some angst when I see a manual parked nearby.

Funny how it rarely happens the other way around. If ever. Hahaha

OP: Enjoy you car! Most will know me as a manual die-hard but regardless of tranny, its an R. :)

Last edited:

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Car looks great! I was one of the few I guess who went from 2016 DSG to 2018 manual???

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Sounds like us R owners need our own version of TuRo of R's to use whichever transmission to help scratch that itch as needed ?

? How about TuRo for R owners with every kind of big turbo and tune combination haha.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
DSG and ACC come in soooooo handy in Los Angeles traffic.

Wish the R had a red caliper option. I'm planning on painting mine over Christmas.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS

BAH. Pretty sure that post was a joke, or the guy that wrote it is mentally defective.

Plenty of cars still have red calipers and if he wants to paint his red, more power to him. I would just recommend he does it right, so the paint isn't peeling and fading in a couple days/weeks.

Here's my GTS with the stock red calipers on Girodisc rotors, and center lock wheels... I classify this car as "high performance" as referenced in the article.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
It completely personal, of course.

Coloured calipers always struck me as trying to be different when you’re really not because everyone’s doing it. Then again, that’s just me.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I traded my '16 Oryx manual for a '19 Lapiz Blue manual 3 weeks ago. Long story why I wanted out of the original but didn't want out of an R, so kinda a straight-up "upgrade". Very happy with the new car. Thought I wouldn't care much for the digital dash but was pleasantly surprised and like it a lot. Also didn't think I'd like the new infotainment setup, and in some ways I don't - glossy screen is a BAD idea for a touchscreen and the capacitive buttons on the side are inferior to the original hard buttons, but otherwise it's fine (when clean). The 7/72 warranty is awesome and this is the end of it, so glad to snag a car while it still exists.