GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traded in my MY15 GTI for a Clubsport today

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Its never a "smart" financial decision to trade a car in that is less than 2 years old. But with only a handful of Clubsports left for sale, i just couldn't not do it.

In Australia all Clubsport GTIs or "40 Years" as they are called here are spec'd with DAP (minus park assist), MIB II, DCC, 19x7.5 Brescia wheels with Pzero tyres. In only white, red and grey. Mine is white with the black roof.

Differences/Impressions:
Both of my GTI had DCC. Clubsport settings all feel firmer. Could be different spring rates?
Steering really feels different. The wheel itself feels really solid and heavier, less toy like. Much improved feel. The alcantara is a bonus.
Car overall feels tighter.
Seats have firmer bolstering (standard seats, we didn't get the Recaros as an option)
DSG mapping feels different, seems to hold onto gears a touch longer.
DSG barks sound great.
Popping and crackling not as loud as i thought it would be. Can't really hear it from inside the car.
It's been raining all day so haven't really had a chance to give it much stick.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Pics!?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

yosoydan

Ready to race!
Its never a "smart" financial decision to trade a car in that is less than 2 years old. But with only a handful of Clubsports left for sale, i just couldn't not do it.

In Australia all Clubsport GTIs or "40 Years" as they are called here are spec'd with DAP (minus park assist), MIB II, DCC, 19x7.5 Brescia wheels with Pzero tyres. In only white, red and grey. Mine is white with the black roof.

Differences/Impressions:
Both of my GTI had DCC. Clubsport settings all feel firmer. Could be different spring rates?
Steering really feels different. The wheel itself feels really solid and heavier, less toy like. Much improved feel. The alcantara is a bonus.
Car overall feels tighter.
Seats have firmer bolstering (standard seats, we didn't get the Recaros as an option)
DSG mapping feels different, seems to hold onto gears a touch longer.
DSG barks sound great.
Popping and crackling not as loud as i thought it would be. Can't really hear it from inside the car.
It's been raining all day so haven't really had a chance to give it much stick.

Nice! Not sure what the price point is, but it looks to be slotted between a GTI PP and R, so IMO it's a great buy. The upgrades all around make me very jealous!

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Excuse the poor Gararge/phone pics

Last edited: