GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tracking with spacers?

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
Pretty simple question: Do you track with or without your spacers? I'm running 5mm front and 15mm rear on the GTI, switched from the flush kit that rubbed last time at track day. Thinking about just removing them for track days and putting them back on after. Thoughts?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Pretty simple question: Do you track with or without your spacers? I'm running 5mm front and 15mm rear on the GTI, switched from the flush kit that rubbed last time at track day. Thinking about just removing them for track days and putting them back on after. Thoughts?

Either way just double check lug torque.

User error is far more dangerous than running spacers. With aluminum wheels they should be re torqued after 100 miles on the street after the to initial torque so if you decide to switch things up last minute keep that in mind

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I've run spacers on the street and at autocross for several years without issue. I don't track, but if I did, I might skip the spacers #guardrailssuck

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I have tracked with spacers in differing configurations for 3 yrs now. Never an issue.

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
Thanks for the help, fellas.

I will leave them on and see if they rub with the smaller set up in a few weeks, they did with the flush kit. If they don't no need to take them off I suppose!

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Perhaps do the fender screw removal mod?