GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track use coilovers

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Haha I knew what you meant. Thank god VIR has no concrete barriers anywhere. Didnt realize how much upgrades you did so far. I've never tracked my car stock so idk how terrifying that would be
Jealous of VIR. Big boy track. These cars are surprisingly adept at the track, stock, depending on what your expectations are!

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I heard Daytona was pretty scary so I have no desire to make a mistake and total my car. I'm excited for HPDE events to open up and see how my car does at VIR. Anyone here tracking with 550+ hp?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I heard Daytona was pretty scary so I have no desire to make a mistake and total my car. I'm excited for HPDE events to open up and see how my car does at VIR. Anyone here tracking with 550+ hp?

It's pretty accessible. The track layout is pretty simple. Turn 1 and the bus stop will get you in trouble if push past your skill level, but as long as you aren't being stupid, it's fun. Two accidents the day I was there. A guy in the advanced group in a ratty old Civic lost brakes in turn one and went straight into the tires instead of just heading for Nascar turn 1. And a novice in a Abarthe 500, who was ignoring all the novice rules, racing with other people and passing at will, backed into the tire wall at the entrance to the bus stop. We had zero issues in the intermediate group. If you don't prep your car or drive live an idiot, bad things happen.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

My 22nd May DE just got cancelled at VIR. Likely going to be June before DEs start opening up again.

Greg you will be pulling 145-150mph down the back straight at VIR with550bhp. You are going to need some big anchors to get your car stopped.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My 22nd May DE just got cancelled at VIR. Likely going to be June before DEs start opening up again.

Greg you will be pulling 145-150mph down the back straight at VIR with550bhp. You are going to need some big anchors to get your car stopped.

They haven't cancelled the 22nd May Daytona yet, but it's looking like it's going to happen. Chin motorsports is doing Sebring on 27 May and the track 30 min from my house, FIRM, has been running track days right through the pandemic. lol. I mean, you're in your car, so plenty of distance.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
They haven't cancelled the 22nd May Daytona yet, but it's looking like it's going to happen. Chin motorsports is doing Sebring on 27 May and the track 30 min from my house, FIRM, has been running track days right through the pandemic. lol. I mean, you're in your car, so plenty of distance.
They've been canceling events all around me, so my buddy and I rented out Raceway Park of the Midlands (formerly MidAmerica Motorcomplex) for a day. The moment we booked it they say they're going to open our home event the same weekend...

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
They've been canceling events all around me, so my buddy and I rented out Raceway Park of the Midlands (formerly MidAmerica Motorcomplex) for a day. The moment we booked it they say they're going to open our home event the same weekend...
At least you get a whole track to yourselves! They’re even allowing track days where I live in California, right now. If California allows it, I’d think any other state would be ok with it. Going to Willow Springs in a couple weeks

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
At least you get a whole track to yourselves! They’re even allowing track days where I live in California, right now. If California allows it, I’d think any other state would be ok with it. Going to Willow Springs in a couple weeks

It's up to the individual track operator. Up my way, Laguna, Sonoma and Buttonwillow are rescheduling events occurring in May. I'm not sure about Thunderhill, but an event photographer who works the Northern California tracks hasn't added any event photo links to his calendar since the end of March. In addition to social distancing concerns, availability of ambulance crews is also a concern.

I haven't heard anything from the Audi club, with whom I am an instructor, about their plans for the rest of the year. I can tell you that I will not be getting in anyone's right seat until we either have an effective treatment or a vaccine for this disease.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

I really wanted to do the one on the 30th but my buddy who works at VIR says the owner cancelled everything in may and might be doing events in june.

I'm really hoping so cause that's what a zl 1 Camaro was getting in the back straight, 150ish. The only anchors I have is ttrs front brakes with cobalt track pads. The rear is S3 brakes and not too sure on the rear pads and rotors yet. Please tell me that's enough lol

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It's up to the individual track operator. Up my way, Laguna, Sonoma and Buttonwillow are rescheduling events occurring in May. I'm not sure about Thunderhill, but an event photographer who works the Northern California tracks hasn't added any event photo links to his calendar since the end of March. In addition to social distancing concerns, availability of ambulance crews is also a concern.

I haven't heard anything from the Audi club, with whom I am an instructor, about their plans for the rest of the year. I can tell you that I will not be getting in anyone's right seat until we either have an effective treatment or a vaccine for this disease.
Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, and Chuckwalla have several events planned in May. I know there have been ones at Willow Springs the last two weekends.
Def understand you’re sentiment, I wouldn’t get in the car with a stranger either.

I forgot you were an instructor.
Maybe I’ll go out with Audi Club and request you as an instructor if/when I get my butt up to Laguna Seca one of these days.