GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC20 vs 38

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I feel like our experience with the TPC20 is meaningless for any potential new buyer, as we're both on the V1 TPC20, and the new V2 is a DBB offering. It's effectively entirely different than what we have, and uses a completely different CHRA.

New DBB TPC20
Isn't it the same except for the chra? The performance aspect would be the same unless they also changed wheel sizes.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How did that affect the spool? Have you seen any dyno printouts?
The turbine stays the same so spool speed would remain technically, but the compressor being larger would push more volume so I guess it could in return make max boost sooner… I think digs was more looking at how much more power that newer tpc was making as it’s def. pushing more air than a vortex now.

Looking at their updated listing def. has me intrigued in the idea of having them upgrade my hybrid. Lol

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Since you are at altitude to I’m very curious how improved your spool ends up being. I’m on IE catted and I hit peak boost on my standard around 3300-3400 (about same as guys with xl’s at sea level) Toyed with swapping out for the Trackslag but I’m also kind of tired of adding more shit to my car at this point
I'll keep ya updated! And I definitely feel that man, definitely gets old putting parts on your car... I'm over that car stage in my life.

Reactions: MSH

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Honestly the 20 is prolly the best for you. Its simply wonderful for every day driving.

The tpc 38 is great too. I just like the rapid the 20 is at any given moment. If your not going to be trying to max out all the time and go for high speed runs all day, I'd go with the 20.

If you are trying to be king of the highway/drag strip then the 38 is a exceedingly solid option. Either way you will get great support from the makers of the actual unit.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
We are NOT 3 months out. We have a large shipment coming in 2-3 weeks. If you order soon, you can still get in on that one!

-- Ed

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Trackslag in yet? Curious about the spool improvement results
Hey man, no not yet... probably won't have it installed until my COBB catback gets in. Went to install it a couple weekends ago but I ordered the adaptor for a 3" exhaust and not tapered down for the stock exhaust... I currently have UR's catless DP w/resonator and was hoping I'd be able to modify the resonator end to fit the trackslag but the trackslag is too long. I will definitely keep you guys posted though! Sounds like you may get your trackslag installed before me?

Reactions: MSH