GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC20 Gti Vs turbo camaro, GT500 & more

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They don't contradict each other. AWD will get off the line quicker than FWD, we all know that.
Comment 1. My fwd car will not have traction issues

Comment 2. Those cars need less power (a smaller turbo) to run a 10 cause they have awd and get traction out of the whole.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/contradiction

Keep in mind my position is not invested to where I’m in digital battle that my car is faster than someone else’s or the hybrid setup I have is faster, etc.

My position is just in disagreement with the reason and logic behind the argument that xxxx car or xxxx turbo can or cannot run a certain time soley because we have not SEEN it happen yet.

Also....
I don’t disagree AWD has better traction easier, but that concept wouldn’t work in this case either since the Rs that did 10s on a standard housing did this below for a 60’.... and well a FWD GTI has already shown a 60’ of that level is possible (more power in this case) but regardless was able to get the traction in just the 2 wheels.
B3C7527B-33B7-43E6-90CB-43C750E0BE92.jpeg0905BB55-A962-49C7-8FCF-EE78E23CEAE3.jpeg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Comment 1. My fwd car will not have traction issues

Comment 2. Those cars need less power (a smaller turbo) to run a 10 cause they have awd and get traction out of the whole.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/contradiction

Keep in mind my position is not invested to where I’m in digital battle that my car is faster than someone else’s or the hybrid setup I have is faster, etc.

My position is just in disagreement with the reason and logic behind the argument that xxxx car or xxxx turbo can or cannot run a certain time soley because we have not SEEN it happen yet.

Also....
I don’t disagree AWD has better traction easier, but that concept wouldn’t work in this case either since the Rs that did 10s on a standard housing did this below for a 60’.... and well a FWD GTI has already shown a 60’ of that level is possible (more power in this case) but regardless was able to get the traction in just the 2 wheels.
View attachment 207248View attachment 207249

Ok smartass, I don't need a damn English lesson. What turbo did that GTI have? You said it made more power so you just proved my point that a GTI needs a bigger turbo to do what an R did with a smaller turbo.

P. S. - just so nobody else takes this thread the wrong way and lock it, El_bigote and I, we are having a friendly debate.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ok smartass, I don't need a damn English lesson. What turbo did that GTI have? You said it made more power so you just proved my point that a GTI needs a bigger turbo to do what an R did with a smaller turbo.

P. S. - just so nobody else takes this thread the wrong way and lock it, El_bigote and I, we are having a friendly debate.
Haha, I missed this response!

And yeah same page - I was being a smart ass so don’t mind getting called it at all😅

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
What was the record prior and what did he run?
Last I saw on the list was like 11.1@130

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
i’ll let the owner post his slip he got the other day.
congrats sportymk7, manual mqb record holder from what i hear
All on a small journal bearing TPC20
“BUt hE cOUld HAvE juSt FOund THAt slIP aNd juST WRotE 36 oN hIS CAr” haha... you know just like the idea of paying a hell cat Red key to lie about using the red key to race him. Lol

96A2A083-EAA6-459A-A5B0-53460606F776.jpeg
633FE8ED-EE08-4079-96CE-3E2C2BB2C3E6.png

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
All comes down to that 1.6 60ft. Nice pass.