GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC Performance Housing Turbo Thread (Not the IS38 Ball Bearing thread....)

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
These TPC units are quickly becoming my Turbo of choice .What are the major differences between the TPC 25 ( which is the one I am considering) and the TPC 38. What WHP #’s would I be looking at with just a HPFP ?
OEM IS20 - 42.5/54.0 compressor wheel & 46.8/50.5 tubine wheel; IS20 housing is around 6-7cm diameter
OEM IS38 - 45.2/58.0 compressor wheel & 47.4/54.7 tubine wheel; IS38 housing is around 8-9cm diameter

TPC20 - 54/67mm compressor wheel & 53/56mm tubine wheel; uses an IS20 exhaust housing
TPC25 - 54/67mm compressor wheel & 53/56mm tubine wheel; uses an IS38 exhaust housing
TPC38 - 56/71mm compressor wheel & 55/60mm turbine wheel; uses an IS38 exhaust housing

All three specs are listed with Performance Compressor housing + inlet. All three use a modified IHI center section & OEM coolant/oil line fittings/hoses. There are other differences in the compressor and turbine wheels as well, but the basic sizes give you an idea of the steps.

Highly recommend an LPFP upgrade and MPI. Can get away with HPFP like others have said, but buy once, cry once. Unless you are 100% sure you will only ever run pump gas and not want to push the turbo any harder (and you will lol).

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
You can get all your fueling and turbo, get some pricing at my online store.

SaiiBoost

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S
Out of curiosity HOW BAD was the beating ? Do you know if it was stock ?
It definitely wasn't stock. It was fast, but he/she hit the brakes in front of me on the entrance ramp, which made me slow down, then they got on it and kept pulling while I was playing catch up. Impressed how quickly I got to 136mph though on a stage 2. I had no chance though. It kept pulling away.

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
So MPI comes with new injectors and you have to drill and tap into stock manifold ? Unless you buy the European Manifold which bolts right up and that has the ports already for MPI . So you will be running 8 injectors total ? They work along side the stock injectors or they just replace the stock injectors ?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I will be getting some of those results soon as I'm gonna start tuning a 6mt gti that is supposed to finish up install this weekend, there is some on my website and on tpc website from there in shop gti
Interested in more of your data/results. Website link?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
With The TPC 25

OEM IS20 - 42.5/54.0 compressor wheel & 46.8/50.5 tubine wheel; IS20 housing is around 6-7cm diameter
OEM IS38 - 45.2/58.0 compressor wheel & 47.4/54.7 tubine wheel; IS38 housing is around 8-9cm diameter

TPC20 - 54/67mm compressor wheel & 53/56mm tubine wheel; uses an IS20 exhaust housing
TPC25 - 54/67mm compressor wheel & 53/56mm tubine wheel; uses an IS38 exhaust housing
TPC38 - 56/71mm compressor wheel & 55/60mm turbine wheel; uses an IS38 exhaust housing

All three specs are listed with Performance Compressor housing + inlet. All three use a modified IHI center section & OEM coolant/oil line fittings/hoses. There are other differences in the compressor and turbine wheels as well, but the basic sizes give you an idea of the steps.

Highly recommend an LPFP upgrade and MPI. Can get away with HPFP like others have said, but buy once, cry once. Unless you are 100% sure you will only ever run pump gas and not want to push the turbo any harder (and you will lol).
Hes correct on all. I'm one of the few running a LPFP and HPFP specifically because E tunes aren't allowed in my competition class (thankfully) and there is none around. I'll be running the 25 as I'm going to bigger tracks this year and can use more top end seeing as the car pulls like a freight train as is.

It's not terribly hard install but LPFP MPI is better overall as stated.