GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC IS20 Hybrid from stock

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
I'm relatively sure Justin is not running a GLI cam. He talked about it, but never did. @Hornung418 ? He also doesn't have an alltrack so different person? If he DOES, then let's just compare our power bands, because we have nearly identical setups (except mine is ball bearing and he's on a journal bearing).

Yes. More lift will help spool it faster. But it's not going to be 1000rpm faster, and I certainly wouldn't a) spend the time doing it myself or b) pay someone to do it for a few hundred RPM.
You have a point, might not be worth it if it's only 200-300 RPM but that still is a bit of difference, couple that with a huge DP which is supposed to help spool and you start to add up. I am interested to see what TurboDirect S.A has cooking up with their GTX28 IS38 since it's a BB turbo plus it should be smaller than the TPC and EQT but be good for at least 450hp.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'm relatively sure Justin is not running a GLI cam. He talked about it, but never did. @Hornung418 ? He also doesn't have an alltrack so different person? If he DOES, then let's just compare our power bands, because we have nearly identical setups (except mine is ball bearing and he's on a journal bearing).

Yes. More lift will help spool it faster. But it's not going to be 1000rpm faster, and I certainly wouldn't a) spend the time doing it myself or b) pay someone to do it for a few hundred RPM.
You’re correct. It’s not Justin. There is a guy on Facebook named Kevin running it on his manual is38 sportwagen with mpi. I know there was one other guy with something bigger than the is38, but I can’t remember who it is. The guy with the is38 hasn’t dynoed it as far as I know. The only feedback from him was that he trapped 115 in the 1/4 and says he can pull on his friends UM tuned R. So nothing record breaking

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion

Apparently similar wheel sizes to a G25-550, a good match for smaller displacement. Probably still requires fueling upgrades to run on a 1.8T though. Dyno sheet (ZA market R with built motor, DI running WMI) doesn't look much different than what's already available on the US market, and no price listed.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie

Apparently similar wheel sizes to a G25-550, a good match for smaller displacement. Probably still requires fueling upgrades to run on a 1.8T though. Dyno sheet (ZA market R with built motor, DI running WMI) doesn't look much different than what's already available on the US market, and no price listed.
This is what I was looking for. Being that it's a DBB cartridge, smaller AR, etc I would hope it would spool quicker on the 1.8T than say a TPC20 or EQT Vortex while allowing for similar power.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Whatever happened to the TPC18?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Whatever happened to the TPC18?
wasn't really worth it. given the power the 1.8 can do on a normal is20. then slap anyother hybrid the 18 just wasn't going to have a place to exist from what I understand.
getting ready to put a TPC20 on the 1.8 this fall.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Your old proven unit , or one of the new BB versions with even bigger compressor wheel?
Depends on timing. Im debating trying the proven unit first. Just to see what it can do. Then the BB. AFter that go right to the biggest one we can flow fuel with :D