GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tornado Red Golf GT 2.0 TDI Ordered

dkjc2013

Hi All,

We ordered our new Golf this week, Tornado Red GT 2.0 TDI 3 Door Manual. Delivery for 1st September.

Currently have MK 6 1.6 TDI DSG and wanted to get back to manual.

Any thoughts on how much power etc we will notice with 2.0 TDI?

Thanks

BlackVW

New Golf

Have you driven one? mine is 3 months old and has has a suspension rattle from new and is getting worse. VW Germany knows of this fault and i am awaiting a technical investigation as my car is not the only one with this fault. Mine is a 5dr 2.0 GT Man and the fault is particular to this model. It does not seem to be able to cope with undulations or repetitive small bumps it does get very uncomfortable. My Mk 6 was a fantastic car it had 18" Vancouver alloys and had a much better ride than Mk7 on 17" std alloys.
It is a rear suspension problem only as the front is fine and copes with all manner of road surfaces as one would expect.

dkjc2013

Yes we test drove a 5 door GT 2.0 TDI which was excellent just wanted to know how anyone who has had this car for a while was finding it. Thanks

JohnV1

Ready to race!
Have you driven one? mine is 3 months old and has has a suspension rattle from new and is getting worse. VW Germany knows of this fault and i am awaiting a technical investigation as my car is not the only one with this fault. Mine is a 5dr 2.0 GT Man and the fault is particular to this model. It does not seem to be able to cope with undulations or repetitive small bumps it does get very uncomfortable. My Mk 6 was a fantastic car it had 18" Vancouver alloys and had a much better ride than Mk7 on 17" std alloys.
It is a rear suspension problem only as the front is fine and copes with all manner of road surfaces as one would expect.

I currently have a Mk6 GT TDi manual with 18" Vancouver's and the ride is bone-shakingly hard and fidgety. It's unbearable. I spend half the time trying to avoid potholes, sunken drains, pretty much anything uneven on the road surface. It was the worst option decision I'd ever made. It's unbelievable that some folks are considering 19" monsters on their new Mk7's. Must be like driving a Victorian penny farthing. Ugh!

Test drove Mk7 GT DSG TDi on standard 17" alloys and the ride was considerably more compliant and comfortable. I've ordered the manual version with added Adaptive Chassis Control for good measure, so I hope yours is a simple suspension fix rather than the norm.

Westy2

Ditto here. I came from a Mk V with 17's to a Mk VII with 17's and its considerably more comfortable. The difference in ride quality is really very noticeable.