GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top tunes right now eqt vs ie

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey ed, sorry I was referring to the Integrated Engineering garrett tune, but great question to ask you is, do you know what it takes to achieve 450 to 500whp on mk7 gtis?
Yes I understand... I'm telling you what we've found with that turbo.

You can make 450whp on an XL on pump gas or 500whp with a Standard Vortex on E85 or Race gas. XL can go up to 550-570whp all out.

-- Ed

Docterlat

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I understand... I'm telling you what we've found with that turbo.

You can make 450whp on an XL on pump gas or 500whp with a Standard Vortex on E85 or Race gas. XL can go up to 550-570whp all out.

-- Ed
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I will keep that in mind as I am currently in the test period for IE stage 2 right now and as I gather more information.

Thanks

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Hey ed, sorry I was referring to the Integrated Engineering garrett tune, but great question to ask you is, do you know what it takes to achieve 450 to 500whp on mk7 gtis?
Vortex with ethanol.
That's one option. There are plenty of other hybrids that will achieve those numbers...

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
@Ed @ EQT any chance you have a dyno from the Stage 1 Garrett? I'm pretty curious to see how the power/torque curve looks despite the minor HP increase.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
You heard him boyz! Lol...

In all seriousness, those with a TPC, TTE, RX or any other hybrid that's quick spooling, post up your dyno sheet or log for comparison.
To this note, has anyone found any numbers for the ball-bearing IS38’s out there…? Just curious if more redline boost > more power? In my mind I have an internal battle on both sides. One side says, more boost time is more time to make power. The other side says that’s dumb, You’ve already peaked kid!

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT

Yep just that its on a 1.8 tsi so powercurve is moved up.

Well, that certainly has me excited. Even for a 30-40 whp Gain, seems like a great upgrade over the IS38. Seems to continue to pull up top like some of the hybrids out there without any sharp falloff in either HP/TQ.

Hope to see more examples in the wild. I know they've been selling.

@Ed @ EQT can you comment on if that curve is fairly accurate with what you've seen?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Well, that certainly has me excited. Even for a 30-40 whp Gain, seems like a great upgrade over the IS38. Seems to continue to pull up top like some of the hybrids out there without any sharp falloff in either HP/TQ.

Hope to see more examples in the wild. I know they've been selling.

@Ed @ EQT can you comment on if that curve is fairly accurate with what you've seen?
I've remote tuned a couple of those turbos but they were at a bit of elevation. From what I can tell so far, they are good for 30-40whp over an IS38 all out. There is still some low end surge on spool, similar to an IS38. The overall spool is about 200-300RPM slower than an IS38.

-- Ed