GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top tunes right now eqt vs ie

Docterlat

Passed Driver's Ed
If anyone would like to fill in objective information on the tunes and comparitvely with possible upcoming features and what not, like ie now has rolling antilag

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
If anyone would like to fill in objective information on the tunes and comparitvely with possible upcoming features and what not, like ie now has rolling antilag
Eqt via Cobb. Cobb itself is able to be sold. Smooth, linear, reliable tune. IE not sellable besides the dongle itself which isn’t much. More of a peaky tune so the low range feels stronger. IE actually had a lower peak boost for me. I’ve had both. I have no issue with either.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
How is rolling anti-lag even a worthwhile feature with the relatively small turbos these cars run? It just seems gimmicky to me (and a needless reason to create a ton of excess heat in the engine).

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
How is rolling anti-lag even a worthwhile feature with the relatively small turbos these cars run? It just seems gimmicky to me (and a needless reason to create a ton of excess heat in the engine).
IMHO brake boosting gets the job done. People that want rolling anti lag are mostly doing it either for scene points or to shoot flames. While I think its nice that IE will release it to the public, I don’t think it’s necessary. The only benefits that it would have is probably the stg 3 Garrett turbos. Which they haven’t tuned on yet. 🤷‍♂️

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
I’m biased because I have eqt and like it a lot but IE really stepped up their game when they rolled out the flex fuel tune.
Yeah -1 on Cobb for still not releasing any flex tune capabilities yet. I would run flex tunes all the time if Cobb started to develop it or made their own kit for us.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
I would recommend EQT , I’m not tuned by them but have some of their products. They have excellent customer service if you ever experienced any problems with their parts.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
I've run both
Power wise, they feel very similar. No dynos to give though.
IE Runs a lot more aggressive timing from what I've seen compared to the other tuners with a lower peak boost output.
(Example, Cobb Tuner 1 may hit 28PSI peak depending on atmospheric conditions and start hitting 8-9 degrees of timing up to redline, IE will maybe be 26/27 but run 10-12 degrees of timing up top).

Unless you just need to have a custom tune for the extra few ponies, or plan to run a custom hybrid setup. You pay IE once and you get access to all the various fuels and updates they add as long as you own the car.

Why I decided to switch back to them on my IS38 now that they have flex fuel. Im okay possibly sacrificing a few ponies for the ease and peace of mind from a custom blended tune.

Will be happy with either really. Just need to really think realistically about your goals, budget and desires.

Last edited:

Docterlat

Passed Driver's Ed
I've run both
Power wise, they feel very similar. No dynos to give though.
IE Runs a lot more aggressive timing from what I've seen compared to the other tuners with a lower peak boost output.
(Example, Cobb Tuner 1 may hit 28PSI peak depending on atmospheric conditions and start hitting 8-9 degrees of timing up to redline, IE will maybe be 26/27 but run 10-12 degrees of timing up top).

Unless you just need to have a custom tune for the extra few ponies, or plan to run a custom hybrid setup. You pay IE once and you get access to all the various fuels and updates they add as long as you own the car.

Why I decided to switch back to them on my IS38 now that they have flex fuel. Im okay possibly sacrificing a few ponies for the ease and peace of mind from a custom blended tune.

Will be happy with either really. Just need to really think realistically about your goals, budget and desires.
I am highly wondering when and if its gonna be worth my while to just go garrett with ie or do something bigger and better way down the road like a 550hp on eqt, i have no info on how the garrett will turn out on numbers currently so thats my main issue

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
I am highly wondering when and if its gonna be worth my while to just go garrett with ie or do something bigger and better way down the road like a 550hp on eqt, i have no info on how the garrett will turn out on numbers currently so thats my main issue

I'm definitely curious to see how those garretts shape up.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
If you mean the GT2260, we've tuned a few of them now and they tend to make 30-40whp over an IS38.

-- Ed

Docterlat

Passed Driver's Ed
If you mean the GT2260, we've tuned a few of them now and they tend to make 30-40whp over an IS38.

-- Ed
Hey ed, sorry I was referring to the Integrated Engineering garrett tune, but great question to ask you is, do you know what it takes to achieve 450 to 500whp on mk7 gtis?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hey ed, sorry I was referring to the Integrated Engineering garrett tune, but great question to ask you is, do you know what it takes to achieve 450 to 500whp on mk7 gtis?
Vortex with ethanol.