GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top 10 Mk7 Mods

tigeo

Autocross Champion
So linking videos from your YouTube channel to help folks here is an issue? I do it frequently as it's a helpful for many folks. My whopping ~200 subscriber channel...haha. shillville time!

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
This guy (GTIJake) will personally walk you through support if you get stuck during installs, makes amazing products, helpful videos and is all around polite and useful.

What have you done, aside from attempting to belittle strangers who donā€™t subscribe to your brand of groupthink?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Start off slow. Go from Map 1, to Map 2, then to a Map 6. Space it out over like 3 months.

Then...

Take it off.

When she says the car feels different and doesn't seem as quick as it was, suggest she must just be used to it, but you can fix that with an ECU tune šŸ˜‚

Speaking from experience????:unsure:.....:D

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Speaking from experience????:unsure:.....:D

I wish. My wife drives the most bland and generic car you can get these days, and is perfectly content with it.

A white Nissan Rogue.

The car that was the slowest car which Car & Driver tested last year, with a 0 to 60 time of almost 10 seconds. The thing is horrendously designed, and a complete slog to drive. I hate driving it when I have to.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I wish. My wife drives the most bland and generic car you can get these days, and is perfectly content with it.

A white Nissan Rogue.

The car that was the slowest car which Car & Driver tested last year, with a 0 to 60 time of almost 10 seconds. The thing is horrendously designed, and a complete slog to drive. I hate driving it when I have to.

Wouldnā€™t live be so much easier if we could all live with a Nissan Rogue? I for one am jealous! šŸ˜‚

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Wouldnā€™t live be so much easier if we could all live with a Nissan Rogue? I for one am jealous! šŸ˜‚
Didn't we try that once upon a time?
1615210022347.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I don't understand why you jumped on @GTI Jake either. He contributes a lot to the forum. He has a wealth of knowledge with the GTI etc and a lot of his videos are helpful to many people.

Seems like deeply hurt feelings in this thread.

OP Posts a clickbait thread with a screen grab of his list, and link to the associated YouTube video. The entire content of his thread exists in three planes:

For those of you who hate YouTube for whatever reason hereā€™s the cheat sheet to the homework, youā€™re welcome.

1: of you donā€™t agree with his brand of group think, or click the link, you donā€™t deserve to receive the earth shattering opinions. (For you @uberdot šŸ˜‰)

Thereā€™s lots more than just a scribbled list in the video, so if youā€™re the type to have tons of questions probably just listen to it like a pod cast and more than likely I covered them. The video is 100% just me talking, so donā€™t worry youā€™re not missing out on anything. This is just a non bias, no BS list of the first 10 issues I recommend addressing/modifications to get the most your Mk7/7.5 Gti or R. The list would be slightly different for 1.8T guys, so if you feel left out maybe Iā€™ll do a separate one for them.

2: continued clickbait. ā€œWatch the vid to hear all about what I think. Itā€™s unbiased beyond my understanding of the world, but donā€™t you disagree because people donā€™t buy cars to turn.ā€

Full disclosure: As with anything, some people like to argue just for the sake of arguing and jump at the chance to undermined me every chance they get. To them Iā€™d say write your own thread and let this one help people who genuinely want advice from someone with lots of MQB experience. Just to possibly nip that in the butt hereā€™s my ignore list for reference of who to expect that from:

3: the only actual opinion he supports in the thread is him complaining about how others donā€™t agree with him, are undermining him, and slides to the fact that if you do so, youā€™ll be blocked.

I donā€™t agree with his ways, nor his opinions, but what does that matter? It doesnā€™t, at least not to me, or any of his supporters. I get it, heā€™s trying to run a business and eek out some cash from a niche group of people on the internet, and you all feel the need to vehemently defend him.

My ā€œcool story, broā€œ was, as always, a troll for this dude who clearly thinks that his prowess in a single, or maybe numerous, internet forums and social media amounts to much more than appealing to false authority. He presented himself ripe for a troll.

I used to write how toā€™s, shoot install videos, tune customer cars, fabricate, talk on the phone and endless emails holding peoples hands through them most banal of subjects. If you built/tuned a EJ Subaru in the late 00ā€™s you likely cited my work. What does that mean to to the world? Absolutely nothing.

For his continued willingness to endure this, it shows his true desire to thrive in his business venture, or some deeply rooted self loathing. Either way, the best of luck to him... as Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve been blocked. šŸ¤£

TLDR: Iā€™m a cunt

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Sad to me you would put tires and a RSB below powermods. Itā€™s almost like you donā€™t know what you are yammering on about. Even though the stock GTI RSB is quite predictable if you have a balanced enough entrance.

But hey, I donā€™t shill my YouTube channel on forums, so wtf do I know!?!
So all of this going on is really just about your disagreement that tires/RSB/handling upgrades are after power upgrades in someone's upgrade list? Much like your comment about the GTI RSB being fine, I've never had a car with basic AS tires that can't get through turns at speeds that most would consider fast on public roads and I consider myself a competent driver that's done the HPDE thing etc. I'd put taking a HPDE before tires or anything else if turning is your thing. Sure, my tires now are nicer than the ones it came with (but still just UHP AS, I've never had summer tires in my life) but this never was a limit to my fun or driving ability around town. The fwd GTIs suffer from adding power and losing traction like any fwd car on take-offs or slow rolling starts and stickier tires help on that end as well. I have a Sportwagen with 4Motion so traction isn't a huge problem for me. Also of note are brakes - upgrading pads/fluid is a nice one to go with added power and upgraded tires.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Seems like deeply hurt feelings in this thread.

OP Posts a clickbait thread with a screen grab of his list, and link to the associated YouTube video. The entire content of his thread exists in three planes:

1: of you donā€™t agree with his brand of group think, or click the link, you donā€™t deserve to receive the earth shattering opinions. (For you @uberdot šŸ˜‰)

2: continued clickbait. ā€œWatch the vid to hear all about what I think. Itā€™s unbiased beyond my understanding of the world, but donā€™t you disagree because people donā€™t buy cars to turn.ā€

3: the only actual opinion he supports in the thread is him complaining about how others donā€™t agree with him, are undermining him, and slides to the fact that if you do so, youā€™ll be blocked.

I donā€™t agree with his ways, nor his opinions, but what does that matter? It doesnā€™t, at least not to me, or any of his supporters. I get it, heā€™s trying to run a business and eek out some cash from a niche group of people on the internet, and you all feel the need to vehemently defend him.

My ā€œcool story, broā€œ was, as always, a troll for this dude who clearly thinks that his prowess in a single, or maybe numerous, internet forums and social media amounts to much more than appealing to false authority. He presented himself ripe for a troll.

I used to write how toā€™s, shoot install videos, tune customer cars, fabricate, talk on the phone and endless emails holding peoples hands through them most banal of subjects. If you built/tuned a EJ Subaru in the late 00ā€™s you likely cited my work. What does that mean to to the world? Absolutely nothing.

For his continued willingness to endure this, it shows his true desire to thrive in his business venture, or some deeply rooted self loathing. Either way, the best of luck to him... as Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve been blocked. šŸ¤£

TLDR: Iā€™m a cunt

Nah the guys I put on my ignore list worked hard to earn those spots lol, relentlessly trolling me for months or years before I muted them.

Not an open invite for you to step it up, but weā€™re cool lol