GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Took the L

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Lots of states have signs like that. It's mostly a scare tactic. You don't really believe they have aircraft flying continuously just to monitor traffic do you? It wouldn't be cost effective.
well considering we got a ticket going 94 in VA and we where never pulled over... via aircraft... yeah i do kinda believe the are somewhere. Cost effective is really the thing, there is no way I could figure that it would be cheap.

Upon google review:
They actually did monitor speed by planes starting in 2000, I don't know when they stopped but I believe it was around 2011 (deployed 1 time by air). So no planes now at all, but they do monitor if they go up for something else, so we are good lol. I never saw the ticket, it was a trip in my buddies grandmoms car, he wanted me to pay idn.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
well considering we got a ticket going 94 in VA and we where never pulled over... via aircraft... yeah i do kinda believe the are somewhere. Cost effective is really the thing, there is no way I could figure that it would be cheap.

Upon google review:
They actually did monitor speed by planes starting in 2000, I don't know when they stopped but I believe it was around 2011 (deployed 1 time by air). So no planes now at all, but they do monitor if they go up for something else, so we are good lol. I never saw the ticket, it was a trip in my buddies grandmoms car, he wanted me to pay idn.

Maybe they were just cracking down in a certain area because it's known for speeding.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Likely supercharged.
Coworker has one with supercharger. We live in a day when a GTI can be out gunned by an SUV. ......or truck.

Lol, we live in a day when TONS of cars can out gun a GTI, especially stock. Whatever you do, don't mess with a V6 Toyota Camry after 2006, rofl :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

With that said though, I don't appreciate the GTI because it's fast. I never thought of them as "fast" cars (but they can be). I see them as all around well balanced cars that look nice. They're fun to tinker with and as far as German cars go, they're in a league of their own.

Reactions: q74

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Lol, we live in a day when TONS of cars can out gun a GTI, especially stock. Whatever you do, don't mess with a V6 Toyota Camry after 2006, rofl :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

With that said though, I don't appreciate the GTI because it's fast. I never thought of them as "fast" cars (but they can be). I see them as all around well balanced cars that look nice. They're fun to tinker with and as far as German cars go, they're in a league of their own.

So you have never tuned one?
310hp 347ftlb
Then they are fast.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
So you have never tuned one?
310hp 347ftlb
Then they are fast.

Oh yeah, I know once tuned they are officially in the "fast" category. I was mostly referring to stock. Stock leaves a lot to be desired. It's a balanced ride but you don't want to go egging anyone on for a race in stock. Definitely need stage 1. Same thing with Mk6, but Mk6 stage 1 is no where near the level of mk7 stg1. I'm looking forward to it but will get the tune in Spring.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That one isn't fast either compared to a lot of us in the forum.
I was gonna say 😂😂 staged is20 car is slow once you’ve dived in the deep end with a hybrid or BT....

But I get what snailpower meant about “not fast” GTI aren’t great cause they are drag cars they are great cause they literally do everything so well at a specific price point.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I was gonna say 😂😂 staged is20 car is slow once you’ve dived in the deep end with a hybrid or BT....

But I get what snailpower meant about “not fast” GTI aren’t great cause they are drag cars they are great cause they literally do everything so well at a specific price point.
its the best sports car under 30k, most room, good fuel economy, ect ect, multiple well know reports and people know this haha

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
its the best sports car under 30k, most room, good fuel economy, ect ect, multiple well know reports and people know this haha

My wife doesn't believe it's a sports car, rofl. I tell her, why? Just because I got 4 doors instead of 2? lol. In her zero caring car world, a sports car has to be about 4 feet tall in height, flat as a pancake or basically be called a lamborghini, lol.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
My wife doesn't believe it's a sports car, rofl. I tell her, why? Just because I got 4 doors instead of 2? lol. In her zero caring car world, a sports car has to be about 4 feet tall in height, flat as a pancake or basically be called a lamborghini, lol.

Tell her to buy one then. Then you will have a real sports car. Let her know you are willing to sacrifice the GTI if it must be done.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
yeah i mean typically sports cars are 2 door, but I think many would argue its not a sports car because its a vw (since many don't know squat about cars), they think only mustang is sports car lol