GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Took the L

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
yeah i mean typically sports cars are 2 door, but I think many would argue its not a sports car because its a vw (since many don't know squat about cars), they think only mustang is sports car lol

Yeah, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros and Corvettes are the only cars that grab her attention when we're out on a drive. She really is car clueless but goes to show what type of cars appeal to certain eyes that are limited on car knowledge. Meanwhile I'll be point out cars left and right and she's like, I would have no clue that is anything if you didn't say anything.

I think vw golfs in general, unless you know about them, you have no clue the difference. I wasn't at all a VW fan until around 2013. Until then, I had zero clue of the differences and all Golf's looked similar to me on the road. Sure if I saw them lined up I could tell you, yeah that has a different trim here and there, but seeing them every so often on the road, it never stood out to me much the difference.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yeah, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros and Corvettes are the only cars that grab her attention when we're out on a drive. She really is car clueless but goes to show what type of cars appeal to certain eyes that are limited on car knowledge. Meanwhile I'll be point out cars left and right and she's like, I would have no clue that is anything if you didn't say anything.

I think vw golfs in general, unless you know about them, you have no clue the difference. I wasn't at all a VW fan until around 2013. Until then, I had zero clue of the differences and all Golf's looked similar to me on the road. Sure if I saw them lined up I could tell you, yeah that has a different trim here and there, but seeing them every so often on the road, it never stood out to me much the difference.
yeah my fiancee isn't a jeep girl but has a cherokee, she sent me a link to another 3 seater grand cherokee or something and I was like well.... at that point, mine as well get the dodge durango hellcat :devilish: 2021 lol, but on a real note, yeah 90% of all people really don't understand cars at all

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
yeah i mean typically sports cars are 2 door, but I think many would argue its not a sports car because its a vw (since many don't know squat about cars), they think only mustang is sports car lol

I wouldn't even call a Mustang a sports car. It's a muscle car.
A sports car is like a Porsche etc.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
beat my buddies 2020 f150 stx stock turbo, same guy who had a 5.0 and wouldn't run me. I mean i gave him the hit and some then let it rip. was just for fun we both knew the outcome pre-fun.

Nice truck tho and all quickness you need for a truck

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

Agreed. Many non-car folks would probably not consider a GTI a sports car based on pure aesthetics. I fall back to the classic definition of a sports car - a car that can be raced in a pinch.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Agreed. Many non-car folks would probably not consider a GTI a sports car based on pure aesthetics. I fall back to the classic definition of a sports car - a car that can be raced in a pinch.
Isn't that every car? I've seen an F350 turn laps at Motor Sports Ranch and plenty of total shit boxes lap the Nurburgring. I passed a Sparrow out there one time. That had to be terrifying. Was probably Clarkson.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Isn't that every car? I've seen an F350 turn laps at Motor Sports Ranch and plenty of total shit boxes lap the Nurburgring. I passed a Sparrow out there one time. That had to be terrifying. Was probably Clarkson.

No, not every car is sporty, not even in 2020. Are there sporty trucks and SUVs that could embarrass some sports cars? Absolutely. Econoboxes are an interesting genre. I'd say most are better suited for autocross than for racing in a pinch. Do some take them to race tracks for HPDEs? Sure. Are they sporty by definition? It depends. I'd argue that a base Mini Cooper is sporty, but not a Yugo.

I bet watching a F350 on a track must have been a real hoot. And I chucked at your reference to Clarkson. Good stuff!