GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!
Lol. I get it for $78 /5 gal. Just wanted a 1/4 tune for the strip until I decide what path I want to go with this car from here.

Yeah. My 93 tune is 28psi, and I run 26 on the 105. Despite a drop in boost the power gain is pretty decent with the added timing.

I’ve never dynod. Never really plan to, just focused on 1/4 times. I’d say it probably makes mid 4’s though.

So it is safe to set it at 28 psi on stock fuel? but the ecu will just pull timing and protect it from being unsafe? or is it better to keep it on lower psi and avoid it pulling timing to begin with?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So it is safe to set it at 28 psi on stock fuel? but the ecu will just pull timing and protect it from being unsafe? or is it better to keep it on lower psi and avoid it pulling timing to begin with?

No. Leave it alone for now. He has an IHX475 not a 600. Graba couple logs with the powertap when you get it. Follow above and log everything. Post to datazap.

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!
The reason I say that is I can already see you running out of fuel. No fuel=lean=bad news for motor. Just be patient. :)

Should I back it down to 26 again or maybe even 25 psi? or keep it set at 27, it seems to run well at 27 so far, I guess I haven't noticed it cutting out but the fuel pressure tops out really early (3k rpm??), especially the high side pump.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Planning to see how I do against apparently the "fastest IS38" GTI in houston tonight. As well as an e85 tuned one iirc.

I wouldn’t be racing it until it’s actually tuned for what you have. Pm wy2sl0, he could have it running great in no time.

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!

Well what haha, car ran amazing. Ran it hard for 2 hours straight doing 40/60 rolls never missed a beat. Ran the “fastest e85 is38 gti in Houston” and beat him. Was trying to get a 6th gen Camaro ZL1 and viper acr to run me but they wouldn’t run. Probably assumed I was just a stock golf.

Ordered my fuel system already should be getting it end of this coming week.