GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
What about the upcoming VTT turbo? Looks promising based on the info so far and the intro price of $1500 seems really good. Not sure how spool and powerband would compare but it looks like both have plenty in terms of peak power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Patiently waiting for anyone to post meaningful data on that Tomioka. VTT has provided far far more in the way of communication and data and it's not even released yet.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
This is a nice option for $2100

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
IMO, this blows the standard IS38 out of the water. Between the hybrid option (<$900), tomioka ($2100), and VTT ($1500), there isn't room for the $1400 option of the OE IS38, unless someone snags a monster deal on a used one...

I'm excited for someone to bite the bullet and post a review!

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
IMO, this blows the standard IS38 out of the water. Between the hybrid option (<$900), tomioka ($2100), and VTT ($2500), there isn't room for the $1400 option of the OE IS38, unless someone snags a monster deal on a used one...

I'm excited for someone to bite the bullet and post a review!

where did you come up with the Vtt price of $2500?

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
The VTT is probably the best bang of the buck turbo you can get when its released for the golden price....why buy a brand new IS38 when you can get the VTT for $1500

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
The VTT is probably the best bang of the buck turbo you can get when its released for the golden price....why buy a brand new IS38 when you can get the VTT for $1500

Yup no point. Wish this was available when I swapped turbos but then again my used turbo cost me only $500.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yup no point. Wish this was available when I swapped turbos but then again my used turbo cost me only $500.

Sounds like fueling is going to be required, so $600'ish more for the VTT, and probably $500 more if you don't get the intro price. I assume the drop in LPFP would help get the most from the Tomioka as well. At the end of the day the Tomioka and VTT compete at the same price point, after VTTs intro price is over.

Last edited:

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Sounds like fueling is going to be required, so $600'ish more for the VTT, and probably $500 more if you don't get the intro price. I assume the drop in LPFP would help get the most from the Tomioka as well. At the end of the day the Tomioka and VTT compete at the same price point, after VTTs intro price is over.

Yes, however with the Tomioka you do get the turbo inlet, turbo muffler delete, and turbo blanket.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yes, however with the Tomioka you do get the turbo inlet, turbo muffler delete, and turbo blanket.

Blanket and muffler delete are worthless parts IMO, and an inlet isn't worth a whole lot.

VTT appears to be much better value.