GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Today is the day...Mib1 to 2.5

oldcar82

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
vw golf tdi
Nicely done! Now time for an Active Info Display as well 😁

(I retrofitted MIB2 a few years ago into my 2015, and then realized it also enabled an AID retro. The rest is history lol)
YESSSSS....already saving for that...its going to be costly though...since I dont want the cheap chinesium crap...its vw or nothing LOL
How much?

Ok sooo....for me since I had all MIB1 equipment in the car...this is what was spent 200 for the amp...450 for the screen since I didnt want a used one....1K for the brain....60 for the trim....and 90 for the USB port.....I gotta say though as I spent some time with it today playing with the features and listening to the sound...I TRULY LOVE IT...my MIB1 is sheit in comparison....so to all contemplating this...you can go cheaper..I seriously could have shaved about conservatively speaking maybe 400 off of the price with a used screen, used USB port, and a brain sourced from europe but since I wanted Siriusxm which I love...I paid a bit more...and am happy that I did, and because every feature of the MIB 2.5 is enabled I can option my car to those specs should I choose to do so, and I know virtual cockpit is definitely in my future.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
YESSSSS....already saving for that...its going to be costly though...since I dont want the cheap chinesium crap...its vw or nothing LOL
Couldn't agree more! I always go with new OEM parts whenever possible. Back when I did my MIB2 retro, it cost me something like $2200 (sourced from Poland) lol. Active Info Display was actually not too bad - I sourced all the parts myself for about $1000 (new), and my dealer took care of component protection and activation for another $200.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Very interested in doing this to my 2015 GTI. Looks great.

oldcar82

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
vw golf tdi
Couldn't agree more! I always go with new OEM parts whenever possible. Back when I did my MIB2 retro, it cost me something like $2200 (sourced from Poland) lol. Active Info Display was actually not too bad - I sourced all the parts myself for about $1000 (new), and my dealer took care of component protection and activation for another $200.
Adam thats awesome! my amp needed to have CP protection disabled and cost me 140....my son was with me and was like WHAT??? that was for 15 min work.....I didnt care because the payout was so GOOD....go ahead...its all just pieces of paper when it is all said and done....and yesterday....I lost a very close friend of mine..someone I worked with for over 30 years....so....in retrospect...whats a few pieces of paper in measure to the pleasure this retrofit has given me in such a smallspan of time?

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I cannot even begin to tell you to do this immediately....it is so GOOD....reach out for me if you need help
I could definitely use a hand sourcing parts and making sure I have all the right stuff. I was looking at my little headunit yesterday thinking about how outdated it looks haha

oldcar82

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
vw golf tdi
I could definitely use a hand sourcing parts and making sure I have all the right stuff. I was looking at my little headunit yesterday thinking about how outdated it looks haha
Ok so....if you have MIB1....the look between it and MIB2 or 2.5 will be exactly the same....however...the screen....the resolution and the options it gives you will blow your mind....I am not gonna kid you this will cost you....but really worth every penny if you love audio....the ability to do AA or ACP and then down the road do maybe...virtual???....THIS LIFE IS SHORT....LIVE IT