GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
He says e80 is running out of pump at 30psi. It's overboosting bad due to weather so that isn't helping but ever since moving pump up I'm not getting anymore fuel cuts/misfires.

However this doesn't solve my knockity knock. The car is pulling so hard I dont get it. 29psi/7* feels like the s3 on 30psi/15* we both agreed. It's very strange.

I am glad to see multiple cylinder retard though because maybe it has been just a super weird bad batch of E this whole time. I have another set of brand new plugs on the way IKH27 which is what Dan recommended.

I've been adding gas and diff E content to the same base 3 gallons or so since the night it all started. Maybe it is a fuel quality issue IDK. Today my friend and I are gonna do some fun runs on same settings (dbv2 vs dbv2) on the way up to a different E supplier.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Can you drain the tank and get your hands on some real VP E85 or race fuel? Just so you take the fuel quality out of the equation?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Well, you've pretty much guaranteed his retirement from tuning after all this. :ROFLMAO:
Can you drain the tank and get your hands on some real VP E85 or race fuel? Just so you take the fuel quality out of the equation?
I did that last night. I used obd11 to drain about 4 gallons out then Im gonna go today and get a new E supplier and drop down to e60.

On e60 we were doing 31psi and 11* without much issue. There was still a little bit of knock up top in Cyl1 but it was less than 3* nothing like what's going on now.

One thing that was interesting is the pump itself and the basket and all that was STICKY AF. Is that normal for E cars? I don't remember it being that sticky before...

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Kinda late to the party but my injectors do not have the part number scratched off. I think for you guys that do have scuffs it’s either coincidence or something that happened during install.
A0016710-3B48-4CA8-85E4-CFD842B130CC.jpeg

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Kinda late to the party but my injectors do not have the part number scratched off. I think for you guys that do have scuffs it’s either coincidence or something that happened during install.

Mine are scratched off in the exact same spot (the last 2 numbers) on every single injector.

I can swear the 2nd to last number is not a 4. It almost looks like the top of a 5 or 0. They did have to rush mine out so who knows! But I'm not so sure this is even an injector issue anymore. I'm still gonna swap 1 to 3 however just to rule them out.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
these are what I got.

what makes you think you have the wrong ones

Attachments

• IMG_5804.jpg
    IMG_5804.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_9378 2 copy.jpg
    IMG_9378 2 copy.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 138