GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tires

rafaIII

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Looking at Pilot Sports A/S 3+ tires. Im running the stock rims on my mk7 and was wondering if 225/45ZR17 94Y XL's would fit? Are these a good option? and no i cant run a summer/winter tire set up as I know thats the better option.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
On a 2016 autobahn? Yes, they came with Austins running 225/40/18 tires.

1684946863339.png

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I didn't like the Pilot AS3's I had, spun the shit out of those so much the first several days, thinking I would finally have traction. I may or may not have ended their life early so that I could get a new set of something else.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I didn't like the Pilot AS3's I had, spun the shit out of those so much the first several days, thinking I would finally have traction. I may or may not have ended their life early so that I could get a new set of something else.
This….spun them quite a bit. ASPS4s were so much better. Both have bad mileage….. didn’t last long

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
This….spun them quite a bit. ASPS4s were so much better. Both have bad mileage….. didn’t last long
I've been pretty impressed with the DWS06+ on the daily so far, to the point where I'm considering them OR the Yoko Apex V601 for the next tire, depending on if I want to retain winter drivability *at all* or not.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I've been pretty impressed with the DWS06+ on the daily so far, to the point where I'm considering them OR the Yoko Apex V601 for the next tire, depending on if I want to retain winter drivability *at all* or not.
Yea I have the DWS06 now myself, so much better.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Yea I have the DWS06 now myself, so much better.
yup.....that's what I'm running now too....love them

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Don't know about tire, but I would do 235/40 for more sidewall and better pothole protection and ride. And if you're stock suspension, I'd do 245/40

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Don't know about tire, but I would do 235/40 for more sidewall and better pothole protection and ride. And if you're stock suspension, I'd do 245/40
My current DWS06 are about shot, and plan on going with the DWS06+ next time around just because it's the newest iteration. I've loved these and the previous DWS for my daily needs.

I do plan on going 235/40 for the reasons that Monkey mentions. We've got some wicked potholes around here and some extra sidewall protection and comfort is welcome. I'm not sure about a 245/40 on a 7.5" wheel though.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Good call on the wheel width. Completely forgot about that. Yeah, don't do 245.