GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire pressure sensors

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
27C49FCD-4866-4E37-8495-F3DABB81DF3B.jpeg

Here is how mine shows. It might have to do with mid way through 17 they changed the bcm to the newer style and that’s what caused this. Disregard the red triangle and coolant that is different issue.

66RBS

Car(s)
2003 Jag. XK8
Thanks. Yes mine as a 2016 does not indicate which wheel.

No false warnings for a week now. I will have the ABS sensors checked at next tire rotation

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel

No false warnings for a week now. I will have the ABS sensors checked at next tire rotation
I don’t remember if my other 17 did or not but it had the earlier bcm but it’s good no new warnings wish I could be as lucky.

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB

Like I said a couple comments ago - my 2016 usually does not indicate which wheel - but it has once or twice! It's farging infuriating!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
IIRC the computer can tell a tire is low if it's not spinning at the same speed as the other tires. My guess is that when it just says the general low tire pressure warning it's because there's probably more than 1 tire that's low on pressure

My Chevy had the TPMS that showed you the pressure for each tire and it was wonky - the sensors would get mixed up after a tire change, one of them would always disconnect after 20 minutes of driving, etc