GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire and rim warranty

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Has anyone dealt with the tire and rim warranty?I had a winter tire blow some belts over the winter and the tire is discontinued.The dealer said they will find one with a similar tread pattern which I said no to.The tire shop said the two would have to be the same and put them on the back or front.I don't care for that either cause if I go to sell them which I plan on the buyer may not want two different kinds of tires.Are they obligated to give me a new set of four new ones of a different brand?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
NO, but they just want to sell you a set. Try calling around to tire dealers yourself to see if they can get one tire. Check Tire Rack.

videoguy009

Ready to race!
I tried everyone that I know of in Canada and the USA and no luck.They are Hercules Avalanche R G2.Just bought them this past winter and they are no longer available.I must of got the last of the batch.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Unlikely you'll find them in the standard GTI size. Expensive lesson - buy a big name brand next time. I'd stick with Continental, Pirelli or Michelin.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
what does the wtty say?

sorry, that was too easy. But that is what matters. I doubt you'll get 4 new tires.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I have my doubts that anyone shopping for used winter tires is going to be terribly concerned that the 4th off-brand tire doesn't match the other 3 off-brand tires, and its even less likely that the mismatch will have any adverse effects.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Unlikely you'll find them in the standard GTI size. Expensive lesson - buy a big name brand next time. I'd stick with Continental, Pirelli or Michelin.

Even the big brands will discontinue making a tire, so finding a replacement of a single tire difficult.

So, what happens if you blow say, a single Continental DWS.... it's is unlikely that you'll find a new pair of DWS to replace it with, so you would have to replace it with its successor.

That's why it's better to buy a tire that is relatively new in its product cycle, so that if you blow one and need to replace 2, you can still buy them while they are still making themn.