GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tint-Safe Glass Cleaner

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hey all -

I got tints for the first time a few weeks ago, and the tint guy told me that dogs' saliva is corrosive to the film and should always be promptly wiped off the window if you have a slobbery dog.

Well, I have a big, slobbery dog. I've been using water and microfiber to wipe it away so far with terrible streaking. im just afraid to use chemicals that may exacerbate the situation. what do you use to keep your tints protected from dog slobber?

TIA

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Chemicalguys sells a good glass cleaner thats safe for tint, works great too

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I use a crate, strapped in with the rear seat down to keep my large dog slobbering safely. Vinegar water mixture has served me well for tints over the years.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Chemicalguys sells a good glass cleaner thats safe for tint, works great too

of course they do. honestly, i'm gonna stop wasting my time researching things. im just gonna get my detailing products from chemical guys lol it's not "overpriced" imo and it's good stuff.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Hey i mean its alaays worth checking into other options but short of stoners glass cleaner which i think is also safe for tints (dont quote me but i never had an issue) chemguys is my recent fav

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I use invisible glass. Has never turned tint purple not over priced and available at local auto stores.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I love Chemical Guys stuff, got nearly all of it. But my tint shop recommended this stuff, that's cheap as dirt, available everywhere and works perfectly.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
I love Chemical Guys stuff, got nearly all of it. But my tint shop recommended this stuff, that's cheap as dirt, available everywhere and works perfectly.
I use Stoner's invisible glass, but I swear whenever I'm at the track all I see is people using this sprayway cleaner.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
This stuff is great!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I use Griot's Window Cleaner. It's basically diluted tack solution for vinyl/clear bra install. So you know it's safe on film. I've been using it for decades with no issue.

Tack solution is basically 70%+ IPA and distilled water. One can make WindowCleaner at home if trial error the mixture a couple of times, but I've been kind of lazy..

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I am an Invisible Glass fan. The Sprayway seems to leave the slightest bit more shine, but I hate the smell. Yuck. Give me the industrial poison smell of Invisible Glass any day.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Weird, it seems like I'm unsub'd to this thread i posted. forgot about, haven't seen it in my notifications.

I just bought 6 bottles off Sprayway's website for $27 with free shipping. I'm good for the lifetime of my car lol.

Thanks guys!