GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ticking sound

ash122

Car(s)
mk7 golf gt tdi
hello everyone got a few things ive noticed with my car ( golf mk7 gt tdi 2013 ) only on start up though 1 is i hear a knocking sound not loud or anything just sounds like there is two pieces of metal tapping each other sounds like its coming from behing the altenator not 100% where though
2nd noise is kind of hard to explain but it sound like the altenator belt is catching something as it goes round ive replaced the belt and it went that day next morning it was there again but once i drive to work roughly 30 mins both sounds seem to have gone can sometimes hear the tapping sound if i slightly touch the accelerator whilst driving. not sure if it is something i should be worried about
thanks all much appreciated

Tom Morrison

Car(s)
VW GOLF 1.6 TDI MK7
Hi ash112 i have been looking for someone with maybe the same issue as me. i have had the same thing come with my car (vw golf 1.6 tdi mk7) and wanted to ask more so we could possibly exchange notes and pass on information? does your car shake at all on start up because that is the only thing different with what you describe from my situation as well as when you give it more accelerator does the ticking speed up or stay the same?

I have been to a mechanic and was told that it was maybe injectors but I wasn't quite sure myself and didn't want to bite the bullet of changing them all and it not fixing the issue.

hope to hear from you soon,

Tom