GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle response coding from VW to audi?

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone done this in the group and can tell me if its worthwhile to code and do? I know a tune will do this for me but i dont have the money right now for one and if this gives a little bit of a fun tweak to my driving until then, id like to give it a go. Just wondering if people have tried/used this yet. Thanks

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, a number of people on this forum thread had tried this tweak. Some say it makes difference, while others say it's placebo effect. I tried it and found a small, but noticeable improvement in my throttle response. However, when coupled with deactivating SVR (Starting Vibration Reduction aka low end torque limit) made a very clear and noticeable difference off the line for me. But then again, I drive a FWD GTI, so it may feel very different in an R.

Pretty quick and easy to code, didn't really need nearly 8 min video to show it :)

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, a number of people on this forum thread had tried this tweak. Some say it makes difference, while others say it's placebo effect. I tried it and found a small, but noticeable improvement in my throttle response. However, when coupled with deactivating SVR (Starting Vibration Reduction aka low end torque limit) made a very clear and noticeable difference off the line for me. But then again, I drive a FWD GTI, so it may feel very different in an R.

Pretty quick and easy to code, didn't really need nearly 8 min video to show it :)
Starting vibration is the one that is in the video too i think? If not where did you find that one to deactivate?

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I'll be coding this when my OBD11 comes in.

mk7_phil

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I've been reading allot about guys loosing ACC when they do this. if someone can confirm this coding on a 19 GTI and dont loose ACC, ill be more than happy to give it a shot.

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been reading allot about guys loosing ACC when they do this. if someone can confirm this coding on a 19 GTI and dont loose ACC, ill be more than happy to give it a shot.
He covers it in this video on how to keep the ACC when you do this. Just a FYI :)

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
It's absolutely a placebo effect compared to a pedal tuner/booster.

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
So tried to follow the video. Wasnt able to actually go into the ECM and change it from VW to audi. Changed the first throttle part and then broke down and bought the 10 credit throttle response piece they had as well. Also disabled the SVR. Noticed the drive was a bit more vibration while driving and throttle was slightly more responsive but nothing major. For those with the OBDeleven how did you switch the ECM to audi over VW? or did the throttle response "app" you purchase in obd11 do that for me?

mk7_phil

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
So tried to follow the video. Wasnt able to actually go into the ECM and change it from VW to audi. Changed the first throttle part and then broke down and bought the 10 credit throttle response piece they had as well. Also disabled the SVR. Noticed the drive was a bit more vibration while driving and throttle was slightly more responsive but nothing major. For those with the OBDeleven how did you switch the ECM to audi over VW? or did the throttle response "app" you purchase in obd11 do that for me?
From my understanding the “engine responsiveness app is what does it if you want to use apps.”
99683731-DD67-4FE3-A344-BBC249574A63.png

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I have had my car set to the "Audi" setting for over a year now and I will say that it does indeed increase responsiveness of the throttle. I actually think it changes the throttle mapping vs making the engine more responsive. The only downside to this is that if you change it to the Audi setting, your cruise control will no longer work. It's fine for me since I don't use cruise control but it wouldn't be worth it for anyone that does. That said, its definitely not a placebo and makes a noticeable difference.