GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle response coding from VW to audi?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I just tried this, dodnt notice anything. Big difference just doing the throttle response mod in obd11

MK75Cal

is the app "throttle response" does the same thing? whats the difference between "throttle response" app from coding vw to audi or "increased engine responsiveness" ?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
is the app "throttle response" does the same thing? whats the difference between "throttle response" app from coding vw to audi or "increased engine responsiveness" ?
Most everyone has said that neither do anything. The best way to increase throttle response is with a BMS Pedal Tuner.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
There are 2 OBDEleven apps that purport to alter the throttle behavior of hte cars - I contend through the work I've done that they both do zero. Here's the deets:

Throttle pedal response app - this is also called the "direct throttle mod" sometimes. Brake control module. Change driving profile switchover adaptation to "direct controlled over time". Does zero. No harm.

Increased engine responsiveness app - this is also called the "audi throttle mod" sometimes. Engine control module. Change long coding to reflect Audi vs. VW as brand. Does zero. F's up your cruise control.

Scroll back in this thread and I have all sorts of info posted in a link about this if you want to dive into the data and why I know these aren't doing a thing.