GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle hesitation

Matty317

I'm in the process of buying a tcr and I love the car but test driving a brand new one with 29miles on the clock when u put your foot down from stationary or slow speed there is a second or do when nothing happens . It didnt hapoen on the test drive r or gti . Anyone any ideas?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
This may sound like a joke but it’s not, try putting the seat forward one or two clicks, you may be surprised!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
What does that have to do with a hesitation? That's not lugging the engine.
OP said "when I put my foot down from a stop". Putting your foot down at a stop is literally the definition of lugging. The car hesitates to keep you from blowing it up because you don't know how to drive. feather your throttle and you won't get hesitation.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
OP said "when I put my foot down from a stop". Putting your foot down at a stop is literally the definition of lugging. The car hesitates to keep you from blowing it up because you don't know how to drive. feather your throttle and you won't get hesitation.

Well if putting his foot down means flooring it from a stop I would assume since he's stopped it's in first gear so he can't be lugging the engine. What would happen to drag racing if you couldn't put your foot down from a stop?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
He’s talking about a delay in throttle response when pulling away from a stop, not lugging the engine!!

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion

Boo this man!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
As the the OP was test driving the car, they probably didn’t have the seat set quite right for them and we’re sat a little too far from the peddles, I find a difference in pedal feel just from wearing different footwear.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can always get the BMS Pedal Tuner for better throttle response. I have it and it's fantastic.