GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on WedSports TC105x?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
it’s not SRT4 bad but it’s there, and it’s a common subject brought out from other type R owners...
If the tires and alignment is fine. It could be the rack. It does this thing when there’s deflection due to tq steer. I dunno what the heck it’s actually doing. It all seems so futuristic.

the type r isn’t cheap. And almost everyone had to pay 5-10k over msrp if new. And if used they probably paid close to new 0 mile msrp. I’d still take it in

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
617D8178-72DD-4684-8983-511DF457A512.jpeg
FADC989D-1A4B-4355-974F-6E17218E5DCA.jpeg

they just arrived! With the center caps installed, came in at 16.4lbs.18x8.5

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
To answer the question, they do crack and bend easily. They are beautiful wheel though. Especially for the price.
Lol a little late now that I have already bought them. Regarding the price, it is not like they're cheap wheels so above 2k you can get forged wheels at about the same price.

Do you have personal experience of them damaging easily? Just curious.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Lol a little late now that I have already bought them. Regarding the price, it is not like they're cheap wheels so above 2k you can get forged wheels at about the same price.

Do you have personal experience of them damaging easily? Just curious.

this wheel has been out in awhile for other platforms. I'm pretty active with the Subaru and Honda CTR guys, and I've seen them bend. I mean you can only make a wheel so light before it becomes weaker. And you can get these for 1800 shipped. Brand new. Def not cheap, but not forged pricing.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
What is the load rating on the wheels? typically, you will see a lower rating on the super light wheels. The more common light weight wheels are about 19-20 lbs in an 18" size, so with these being 16 lbs, I'd expect them to be weaker. but with the right tires and pressures, they will probably be fine though. run some 245/40/18s on them, the extra meat will help cushion the blow if you hit a pothole.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
What is the load rating on the wheels? typically, you will see a lower rating on the super light wheels. The more common light weight wheels are about 19-20 lbs in an 18" size, so with these being 16 lbs, I'd expect them to be weaker. but with the right tires and pressures, they will probably be fine though. run some 245/40/18s on them, the extra meat will help cushion the blow if you hit a pothole.

load rating is 700kg so ~1500 pounds