GOLFMKV

Thoughts on WedSports TC105x?

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Anyone experienced with these?

WedSports TC-105x?

They're supposed to be super light weight at 16.4 lbs for 18x8.5. I like the look as well and the fitment is better than the RPF1's

Some people have said that they crack easily. Is this true?

125997589_870098523760134_1447848573818524069_o.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got any refs?
I doubt they would be from anyone running them on a 5x112 car since there really isn’t many of these in the wild still. Maybe civic owner that TQ steered into a curb then said they cracked

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
A ton of personal experiences with products of any kind can't necessarily be trusted as indicative of what the majority of purchasers experience.

Some people don't realize that driving into a foot deep pothole at 70mph or sliding into the curb at 10mph produces enough force to fuck up just about any wheel. They'll get on the forum and trash the manufacturer without taking responsibility for dodging the pothole or having tires good enough to stop easily in the bad weather.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I'm going to pickup a set and report. This will be strictly for track so hopefully won't get as many chance to hit potholes.
A track with potholes can only be in Pennsylvania.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Been debating between these and the titan 7 t-r10. Leaning toward the titan 7 since you get a forged wheel for the same price.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Haha, yeah legit modded ones do, hell Honda still couldn’t get it dealt with on this type R (10th gen’s) my friends with stock level power has it still, lol.
He’s gonna have to take it in then. Something something steering rack iirc

some tq steer when accelerating hard in the turns is normal in the type r. But if it’s bad, and if the tires an alignment are good. It’s the steering rack.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
He’s gonna have to take it in then. Something something steering rack iirc

some tq steer when accelerating hard in the turns is normal in the type r. But if it’s bad, and if the tires an alignment are good. It’s the steering rack.
it’s not SRT4 bad but it’s there, and it’s a common subject brought out from other type R owners...