GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on this Modded 2019 Golf R? Should I buy or stay away?

cevil203

Ready to race!
I've recently moved to a state where emissions are of no concern and i'm looking at this Golf R.

Do you think price is fair and any concerns on buying modded? From what I know, it has an upgraded turbo, downpipe, intake, intercooler, coilovers, and I believe a HPFP.

Price: $34k
Miles: 25k

Here is a link: https://www.doralkia.com/used-Miami-2019-Volkswagen-Golf+R-20T+DSG+wDCCNav-WVWVA7AUXKW227547

Background: I used to own a GTI with a k04 turbo, but had to sell when I moved, but i've since moved again and i'm ready to get back in a fun VW. Please help with your input.

Attachments

• golf r.png
    golf r.png
    766.6 KB · Views: 119

Mike B.

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are not into a rush, I will sadly sell my 2018 Golf R this year as I move to an EV.

Loved this car, but hate big oil and their lies. I feel like I am selling my wife on this one.

Lapis, DSG, custom steering wheel, mats, rear view mirror covers, APR stage 1. Extra tires and 18 inch rims for winter included.

Never tracked, never even driven hard. Mostly in Comfort mode. Probably never been over 80 mph and never launch mode.

I drive like and old guy because I AM an old guy; 70.

Sweetheart of a car. But it does have 90K miles.

Way below 34K.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Price is way too high. Just because it's modded doesn't mean it's worth more, and unless that's a wrap I wouldn't buy it. Why call attention to yourself? IMO, those mods make it worth a lot less.

veedubn73

Ready to race!
I tried buying this car first. Over priced for a car that has no power train warranty. And they would tell me one price and send me buy sheets with a totally different price super shady dealer

veedubn73

Ready to race!
Did you buy it, I did talk to the original owner on mods if you need any info

cevil203

Ready to race!
I didn't end up buying it. Not sure if it sold, but there are a ton of risks of buying something with no record of mods or why the owner sold. @veedubn73, what did you find out or how did you get a hold of the original owner? Do you know what turbo it has?

cevil203

Ready to race!
I tried buying this car first. Over priced for a car that has no power train warranty. And they would tell me one price and send me buy sheets with a totally different price super shady dealer
Damn, that stinks. They have awful reviews and I figured i'd be in for a ride with them lol

cevil203

Ready to race!
If you are not into a rush, I will sadly sell my 2018 Golf R this year as I move to an EV.

Loved this car, but hate big oil and their lies. I feel like I am selling my wife on this one.

Lapis, DSG, custom steering wheel, mats, rear view mirror covers, APR stage 1. Extra tires and 18 inch rims for winter included.

Never tracked, never even driven hard. Mostly in Comfort mode. Probably never been over 80 mph and never launch mode.

I drive like and old guy because I AM an old guy; 70.

Sweetheart of a car. But it does have 90K miles.

Way below 34K.
DM me, definitely interested

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm looking at the original photo, but I can only see a set of wheels and headlights floating in a room. What sorcery is this?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Would be pretty ironic if he got a tesla.