mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Keep us posted if you do and how they work etc. might pick up a set after the new year need to get tuned first
Will do I dont mind being a test subject lol

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Be careful, these aren't plug and play for NA cars. Wiring and coding needs to meet ROW wiring/coding.

Cashy56

Car(s)
Golf mk7 1.4 Tsi 140
I think they look great and would really bring the rear up to date if you didn't have LEDs, like me :)

Maybe it's the video but I'd have a concern about the brake light operation. Do they look to have the same intensity as the running lights, and merely toggle?
I would have assumed ALL segments should illuminate for braking.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

Be careful, these aren't plug and play for NA cars. Wiring and coding needs to meet ROW wiring/coding.
Are you sure about that?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
So far I haven't seen a single aftermarket light for NA cars that is true plug and play. The reason being: brake light and turn signal use the same light channel on NA cars. There are ways to separate them but it involves wiring and coding changes.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Somehow I've followed videos and googled names, but I don't see that information anywhere.
Theres 3 or 4 listings I have found for these tail lights on Aliexpress

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
So far I haven't seen a single aftermarket light for NA cars that is true plug and play. The reason being: brake light and turn signal use the same light channel on NA cars. There are ways to separate them but it involves wiring and coding changes.
According to the seller they are plug and play with no coding needed for US spec models

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
According to the seller they are plug and play with no coding needed for US spec models
I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong. Previous "AKD/AliExpress MK7.5 dynamic style tails" claimed P&P for NA cars as well. Unless they add a module that separates turn signal from brake light I don't understand how it should work. I have been in contact w/ guys that bought AE lights w/ modules like that before, the downside IMO is that it adds a delay until the brake lights turn on. That's a no go for me.