GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on selling 2016 MK7 GTI to purchase 2020 MK7.5?

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Keep your paid off car, maybe you’ll give a chance to mk8 once you see it in flesh.
I contemplated upgrading my 2015 GTI, but couldn’t really justify $$ for basically the same car with a few upgrades.
I bought some stocks instead :)
Prob the wises comment here. Good work team

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I personally approve the trade-up, since I was in the exact position earlier this year. I am coming from a 15 SE; I finished paying the car off and didn't really have any intentions on getting rid of it. Until....I went car shopping online out of curiosity and found a 19 SE within 10 miles. Needless to say it was bittersweet getting rid of the 15, but I have no regrets whatsoever driving in my 19 :cool:

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Also feel free to PM me if you would like; I just wanted to reiterate that I was in this exact position literally three months ago.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
keep your car, that was an easy one

goblues38

Ready to race!
Car(s)
20 GTI & 15 GTI
I'm pondering selling my 2016 Autobahn (38,000 miles) MT with PP to purchase a 2020 MK7.5. I'm happy with my 2016 and could foresee driving it a few more years. I don't find the MK8 GTI very appealing. Would the MK7.5 offer significant improvements to make a change worthwhile? I want to stick with a manual. From my search, it looks like I'd need to travel out of state to find an Autobahn. That would necessitate selling my MK7 privately. There are a few MT MK7 SE's locally I could try to swing a trade for. Are there options the 2020 SE lacks that I might miss compared with my 2016 Autobahn? The idea of a fresh warranty and coverd service is also appealing. Does anyone who went from a MK7 to MK7.5 feel it wasn't worth the change? Has anyone gone from an MK7 Autobahn to an MK7.5 SE and not been disappointed?

I own a 2015 GTI se and a 2020 GTI se. They are identical in almost every way. The 2015 does not have Apple Play, but does have Fender Audio. The 2020 does not have Fender Audio, so i put in a system.

I see no reason to upgrade unless your older car is in bad shape.

azrunner

Passed Driver's Ed
I appreciate all of the input. As I look at more pictures of the MK8 and read the reviews It's becoming more appealing. I think I'll get a stage 1 tune on my MK7 and enjoy it for a couple more years.