GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Has anyone else had any experience with the cp-e 55 mounts ? I’m having my clutch replaced, I’m at 80k miles and thought that I should do the mounts as well. The car is my daily and I’d like the least amount of noise/vibrations, while adding some performance.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Has anyone else had any experience with the cp-e 55 mounts ? I’m having my clutch replaced, I’m at 80k miles and thought that I should do the mounts as well. The car is my daily and I’d like the least amount of noise/vibrations, while adding some performance.

I would suggest BFI if manual. You only get NVH on engagement if you don’t give it 1500-2K RPM on take off. Otherwise it’s like stock. DSGs suffer much more NVH in general conditions with mounts due to the creep function which retains 800 RPM idle.

I had a DSG car w/ BFI Stage 1 and the NVH wasn’t too bad for me. the performance was absolutely worth the very minor (5-15% increase NVH in varying conditions)

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I would suggest BFI if manual. You only get NVH on engagement if you don’t give it 1500-2K RPM on take off. Otherwise it’s like stock. DSGs suffer much more NVH in general conditions with mounts due to the creep function which retains 800 RPM idle.

I had a DSG car w/ BFI Stage 1 and the NVH wasn’t too bad for me. the performance was absolutely worth the very minor (5-15% increase NVH in varying conditions)
Nice. I have a 6 speed. I'm between getting the BFI stage 1 mounts, or the CP-E 55 mounts. I see mixed reviews about the two, although, there's not much about the CP-E mounts. They haven't been around as long but do use rubber. I'm keeping a dual mass flywheel and ordered a HS RSR clutch, in order to avoid NVH.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Nice. I have a 6 speed. I'm between getting the BFI stage 1 mounts, or the CP-E 55 mounts. I see mixed reviews about the two, although, there's not much about the CP-E mounts. They haven't been around as long but do use rubber. I'm keeping a dual mass flywheel and ordered a HS RSR clutch, in order to avoid NVH.

Diggs did CP-E 55’s and said it was like stage 3 not stage 1. I would go BFI but by all means try and get feedback from another 6MT CP-E stage 1 owner

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Did you end up getting the cp-e 55 mounts ?
I just ordered some and am wondering which are more comfortable/quiet, between BFI STAGE 1 and cpe-55..
I got the 70 flavor. Its loud but I guess I’ve just gotten used to it. I knew what I was in for though. I was trying to rule out any manual transmission slop and I think I did. With a smfw it sounds very “rally car”.

My friend who has never changed his own windshield wipers laughs and says I got ripped off by VW and no car should ever sound like that. He likes Teslas and “luxury” SUVs

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I got the 70 flavor. Its loud but I guess I’ve just gotten used to it. I knew what I was in for though. I was trying to rule out any manual transmission slop and I think I did. With a smfw it sounds very “rally car”.

My friend who has never changed his own windshield wipers laughs and says I got ripped off by VW and no car should ever sound like that. He likes Teslas and “luxury” SUVs
lol that's crazy. No rip off. Different strokes for different folks. I drive 200+ miles a day, so I want comfort. I have full bolt ons and IE stage 2. I have an RSR clutch on the way, along with a DMF. I might give velt sports mounts a try. They're OEM style. There's a rumor that Vibra -Technics may come out with some mounts for our cars. We shall see. I'll shoot them an email.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
lol that's crazy. No rip off. Different strokes for different folks. I drive 200+ miles a day, so I want comfort. I have full bolt ons and IE stage 2. I have an RSR clutch on the way, along with a DMF. I might give velt sports mounts a try. They're OEM style. There's a rumor that Vibra -Technics may come out with some mounts for our cars. We shall see. I'll shoot them an email.
Velt sports are made by the same factory that 034 and CTS outsource through. Aka they’re the same mounts. They suck.

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Velt sports are made by the same factory that 034 and CTS outsource through. Aka they’re the same mounts. They suck.
That sucks. I’m sticking to an OEM-like option for now. I was able to confirm that Vibra-Technics is in fact working on a mount kit for the MK7 platform. I emailed the company and was told that they’ve been in development for quite some time and that they anticipate to have a release date this summer. I’ll use these other mounts in the meantime and pay the premium for Vibra-Technics, should everything look promising.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yea, I have CTS and they are nothing special. I went with CTS cuz I figured they were the same as 034 and were cheaper. AFIAK, my CTS mounts are still in one piece, but def nothing special. I'd consider putting stock back in for sure for less vibration.

Last edited:

doctorGolfR

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK VII Golf R
That sucks. I’m sticking to an OEM-like option for now. I was able to confirm that Vibra-Technics is in fact working on a mount kit for the MK7 platform. I emailed the company and was told that they’ve been in development for quite some time and that they anticipate to have a release date this summer. I’ll use these other mounts in the meantime and pay the premium for Vibra-Technics, should everything look promising.

Intrigued to see what happens with Vibra-Technics. Surprised it took them this long given all the half-assed options for an OEM+ solution. It seems to be either crappy improvement over OEM (034 street density), all out race-car NVH if you want to retain rubber (034 billet street sport), or switch over to polyurethane and deal with all that comes along with it (BFI 1 or 2).

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Sprung for cp-e 55 during the Mem day sale as my stock ones (CSS engine mount) are giving out after just a few k miles and one track day.

Thinking the 65a powerflex diesel insert (already installed) would pair well with them.

doctorGolfR

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK VII Golf R
Sprung for cp-e 55 during the Mem day sale as my stock ones (CSS engine mount) are giving out after just a few k miles and one track day.

Thinking the 65a powerflex diesel insert (already installed) would pair well with them.
Please report back when you receive/install them