GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

Qassem

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Superpro are the best engine mount (performance vs comfort)
But I don’t know if they still selling them

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS
I have BFI stage 1 motor and transmission mounts, NVH was indistinguishable from stock.
Dogbone insert is a different story altogether though.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
So I got around to installing the cp-e 55a mounts today. There's definitely a noticeable increase in noise throughout the rpm range. At idle it's actually not very noticeable but > 1k rpm you can tell they're there. This continues through 3-4k in all gears, with a mix of transmission whine and engine noise that was very muffled previously.

I first had the powerflex diesel insert, then moved to the hybrid puck + roc-euro arm, then added these mounts. I'd say if going from stock to the insert was a 1-2/11, the hybrid puck + arm a 2-3/11, adding these mounts puts me at a 5-6/11 in terms of noise. I'll see how they fare over the next few hundred miles.

The product itself seems like its fairly good quality, however some oversight made installation eventful. The trans mount required me to slice the washer they provided so it would clear the weld of the mount and sit flush. Once installed, the battery tray sits 1/2" higher than before (which means the front-most T30 bolt bends the tray when secured. Also the battery tray mounting hardware they provided didn't work (one of the bolts to replace the original 2 10mm bolts got stuck in the metal insert as it was too big) and I'm now ordering a replacement tray.

The engine mount required me to drill and tap a hole for the washer fluid reservoir. Due to the design of the engine mount a 16mm crows foot wrench is required to properly torque the frame-side bolts. These very bolts sit lower when torqued down than with the OEM mount, which required me to modify my cc bracket (spulen) so the catch can doesn't interfere with the headlight bracket. Finally, it's impossible to get a socket on the main bolt of either mount when installed as per instructions, so I wasn't able to torque them with a torque wrench.

If you're handy, have the tools and time to make these work then they seem like a fine option. After a few hours spent just getting them ready to install/finalizing the install with various tools/hardware I didn't have, I definitely see the appeal of OEM-style mounts. Curious to see how they change over time and feel on the track.

View attachment 254935

View attachment 254936

View attachment 254937
View attachment 254938
I Have these installed also but don't remember having these issues with installation. But possible I just don't remember. I do remember thought the Touque problem I think wound up using a swivel socket with short extension on the torque wrench(I know doing this doesn't give proper torque but closer than not).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Continued drama with my CPE mounts. After running them for a month I popped off my airbox to discover one of the airbox fins has been digging into my aux radiator coolant hose to the point where it sprayed coolant everywhere when I removed the airbox... I'm 99% sure this is because the battery tray sits a bit higher/towards the front with these mounts -> airbox sits further forward -> airbox vanes dig into hose (can see the suspect vane partially broken off from being forced up against the hose). Is anyone with an R running these mounts along with the stock airbox? Curious to know what your clearance is like.

I've emailed them hoping to return them and just go with BFI. Will dremel and sand that vane down as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2709.jpeg
    IMG_2709.jpeg
    954.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got the 70 durometer ones in my R. Haven't had an issue but I'm definitely going to check it now.