GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Very nice man. Haven't decided. Rotofab is on the list, for intake. But I also want to keep the car as quiet as it is now when I have passengers and stuff. So I have to figure out what I can do with the exhaust to keep that. Maybe go the cutout route.

I just blacked out my emblems today and got rid of the gold. Looks better.

Skeptix

Ready to race!
Yeah blacking out the emblems is the way to go if you're not gonna do the Holden badges.

I work in a dealer parts department so I got the grill/emblem package for a pretty cheap price so I jumped. The white SS emblem also has black under it if you're careful and peal the white off with like a tooth pick or something. (if you'd be interested in doing that).

Also, ignore the flack from everyone. No one understands what the car is about. People don't realize the SS is beating Hellcats in road course track times.

BTW, if you hit the traction control button twice, it goes into track mode. It's dangerously fun.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Yeah blacking out the emblems is the way to go if you're not gonna do the Holden badges.

I work in a dealer parts department so I got the grill/emblem package for a pretty cheap price so I jumped. The white SS emblem also has black under it if you're careful and peal the white off with like a tooth pick or something. (if you'd be interested in doing that).

Also, ignore the flack from everyone. No one understands what the car is about. People don't realize the SS is beating Hellcats in road course track times.

BTW, if you hit the traction control button twice, it goes into track mode. It's dangerously fun.

Someone else just told me that on facebook about the SS emblem. Thanks for the tip. I plan to get the Holden stuff and black grill, it's just really pricey, so I am waiting for the right time to do that. I just got my MRI bill in and a few other medical stuff headed my way, so I need to worry about those for now.

I have pressed it twice, and had some fun. Especially by turning it completely off....that was interesting to say the least.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Someone else just told me that on facebook about the SS emblem. Thanks for the tip. I plan to get the Holden stuff and black grill, it's just really pricey, so I am waiting for the right time to do that. I just got my MRI bill in and a few other medical stuff headed my way, so I need to worry about those for now.

I have pressed it twice, and had some fun. Especially by turning it completely off....that was interesting to say the least.

I want this car lol. Lucky dude.

Sent from my distraction device

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I want this car lol. Lucky dude.

Sent from my distraction device

Thanks man. I am. Hard work pays off sometimes. :p BTW, I like your signature from your phone. "distraction device".

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
but at least it was assembled in Australia and not Mexico.

and to the guy who thinks black ceilings in cars are in bad taste??? I wont even start, but you sir, should be ashamed of yourself.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
and to the guy who thinks black ceilings in cars are in bad taste??? I wont even start, but you sir, should be ashamed of yourself.
I suppose beige or off-grey are better options for him? Maybe he's the type that digs that whole faux wood trim in 'luxury' cars. At least black matches with the rest of the interior and its easier to keep looking clean.

Anyway, OP that is a sweet interior (mostly) for a Chevy. I love the idea of a sleeper with a V8 most would assume its just a new Chevy with a deck lid spoiler. I'm not too into the Impala/Malibu look tho (I know its supposed to look like that but thats the issue...) or the chrome wheels.

But hey you still manage a win because V8. I hope the R was fun while it lasted.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Sweet car man and good job on the purchase. There's a few around my area here, saw one in red the other day in passing and it could honestly make me reconsider owning another red car in the future.

I just ditched my GTI for something new that's way more comfy and reliable, but not nearly as cool as this; a Toyota Rav4.

If it fits what you want, enjoy it and fuck the haters here. So much bashing on something that isn't a German product, it's insane really; but not unexpected given the mentality of most of the members here.

McQueen77

Banned
Nice Malibu bud!

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I suppose beige or off-grey are better options for him? Maybe he's the type that digs that whole faux wood trim in 'luxury' cars. At least black matches with the rest of the interior and its easier to keep looking clean.

Anyway, OP that is a sweet interior (mostly) for a Chevy. I love the idea of a sleeper with a V8 most would assume its just a new Chevy with a deck lid spoiler. I'm not too into the Impala/Malibu look tho (I know its supposed to look like that but thats the issue...) or the chrome wheels.

But hey you still manage a win because V8. I hope the R was fun while it lasted.

Thanks! I wish the roof was black, but it isn't. Not a big deal. Most cars aren't anyways.

Sweet car man and good job on the purchase. There's a few around my area here, saw one in red the other day in passing and it could honestly make me reconsider owning another red car in the future.

I just ditched my GTI for something new that's way more comfy and reliable, but not nearly as cool as this; a Toyota Rav4.

If it fits what you want, enjoy it and fuck the haters here. So much bashing on something that isn't a German product, it's insane really; but not unexpected given the mentality of most of the members here.

RAV4, you got power there! :p I am actually surprised that we have more haters here than on Vortex with my post.

Nice Malibu bud!

lol thanks

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
RAV4, you got power there! :p I am actually surprised that we have more haters here than on Vortex with my post.

Lol, I really wanted a 4Runner, but couldn't justify the over $7xx car payment it would've cost me for the one I wanted. Instead, I bought something that gets me out from under the GTI, is way more comfortable and reliable, has more features, better resale, and fits what I want/need in the coming future better.

Your car is nice and has some great features, and I have no doubt will be more reliable than the GTI or the R. You should join us on the other forum though, it's much more fun than over here