GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This thread isn't threadworthy

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This wasn’t worthy of its own thread so I figured I’d add it here.

Leaving the gas station on my daily commute (2nd shift on a Sunday, yeah that’s aviation lol) I pulled up next to a MS3 and Evo X. Both obviously modded (FMIC, lowered, wheels, exhaust) all the ingredients for fun. Traffic was sort of heavy so we cruised together and the Evo and I exchanged thumbs up. We all got in a left turning lane to hit a much less busy side road, which has been reminiscent of Mexico on several occasions with other fun cars.

Luckily for us we sat through the first green arrow so the line up was MS3, MK7, Evo with nobody ahead of us to discourage a run. While we sat I talked to the kid in the Evo and asked for a slow roll, and he said the MS3 was his girl friends so he’d tell her as well.

We agreed the Evo would let us brake boost then hit his lights for the start. It was just starting to mist rain but not too bad so the road wasn’t terrible. 20-110 we all left pretty much at the same time and had a decent run. I gained a little on the MS3 who got the jump, but her tune was also on the rich side as there was some soot down low. The Evo missed 3rd so he fell off pace a bit, but luckily we had another nice opening with about a 1/2 mile straight and no traffic. Perfect start with time, and a clean run. It was like all three of our cars were hooked to a cable, as nobody pulled or gained (had me wishing for a side x side freeway pull).

Stopped to talk with them for a few, both were very nice and interested in what was done to my car.

Mods:

MS3: FMIC, hybrid turbo (stock frame) rated for 400ish hp, TBE, single disk clutch, as suspected conservative tune on the rich side.

MK7: Baun Performance FMIC &TBE, APR st2, DKM MS twin disk, BFI mounts.

Evo X: AMS FMIC, hard piping, Dyno tune, single disk clutch, 29psi 315awhp

It was definitely fun to get some runs in, especially with all three cars being manual and so evenly matched.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Later last night in the pouring rain I saw HID and yellow fogs behind me coming back on the same back road. Turned out to be the same Evo haha. He did a pull after we talked at a redlight and I’m definitely jealous of the AWD traction and flames on NLS ?