GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is why you buy the spare tire kit

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
jim - If you were asking me, I bought the wheel set from TireRack, but my local Discount Tire repaired the tire for free as it was under the Bridgestone warranty or something. I just bought another one since the set was still brand new and wanted to have a spare as not everyone had the certain tire and size in stock at all times.

No I meant that for the OP.

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
Didn't you buy certificates at Discount Tires when you purchased the tires? If you did they will replace the tire for free. Costs $20 per tire when you get tires and includes lfetime rotation and balancing.

I didn't buy the replacement tire package. As it turns out they have a free prorated package for tires that's based on tread depth. Since these were basically new, I was down only 1/32, so the replacement tire was only $65, so I'm extremely happy not have to pay retail for a new tire...

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
Question though, the DAP kit is an 18" spare? I didn't see a 19" option unless I'm blind. Or is the overall diameter of the 18" spare acceptible?
I swithced my 18" for a TTRS/Q2 19" spare to fit over my Brembos

1c4ad45242cd9aff4fbbc83d1c58.jpeg
oH4VX1.jpeg
c12ae0ff4efcbe17ed561c7257e0.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@KevinC the certificates including lifetime balancing and rotation is $29.25 per tire. Just the certificates are $24 per tire at Discount Tires.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
That's a good idea. Have you tested fitment?
And where did you get it from?

it clears the 8 piston 370x34 TTRS/RS3 Brembos it should clear mine.
It can be only ordered from Audi 8S0601027A 19x3.5 et15
Audi dealer can order you the tire from /dealer tire or you can get it from Tirerack T125/70/19

fullsizeoutput_303.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_302.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_301.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So, if you don't buy the lifetime balancing too, then presumably they stick you for the balancing cost when you get the "free" replacement. Funkdat.

That's correct. But what do you pay for balancing and rotation each time? I balance and rotate every 6K miles and that's every 6 weeks for me and I think they charge around $32 for that so my cost is recovered by the third rotation and balance. That's cheap over the lifetime of the tires.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
That's correct. But what do you pay for balancing and rotation each time?

Nothing. Quoting from their website..

Rotating and balancing your tires will help maintain even treadwear and maximize their longevity. If you purchased your tires at Discount Tire, we provide this essential service for the life of your tires.

So why are they charging more for it with the replacement warranty, when it's provided free with new tires? That's.. odd. "Free" might not be the right term - they charge a mount & balance fee when you buy, but from then forward, rotations and rebalancing (as required) are free. Been buying from these guys for decades.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Excuse my ignorance because i've been on these forums for to long to not know but di the R's never come with a spare in the MK7 gen or was it removed during the midcycle refresh? I have a stock spare in my gti that i have never had to use.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Excuse my ignorance because i've been on these forums for to long to not know but di the R's never come with a spare in the MK7 gen or was it removed during the midcycle refresh? I have a stock spare in my gti that i have never had to use.

never included in the US.