GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is why you buy the spare tire kit

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
Adapter? Not sure what you’re referring to? The car should have standard lug bolts, which the wrench works on. Then you use the key your car came with for the locking lug bolts, if you still have them.

those are the first things I remove from all my cars, I can’t stand locking lug bolts.

my kit came with everything I needed....
I assumed it was the same as my GTI.. I didn't check.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Heading down to my mom's this past Sat to wrap up getting her moved into the new house. Along the way, I heard a pop and "said what the heck was that" and pressed on. After a few miles down the road, starting hearing weird noise from the rear end of the car. Rolled down the window and heard that "woosh/woosh/woosh" sound while the tire was rolling. Pulled over into a bank parking lot and started looking at the situation.

I had purchased the spare tire kit from shopDAP last last year and I'm soooo glad I did. I had everything I need to address the flat. Pulled off the tire and found a 1/4" dia bolt had punched the tread. Dammit.... Tried to plug it and the hole was too big. This sucks because I have less than 500 miles on this tire. Since I couldn't plug the the tire, the spare went on and I continued on my way and got my mom squared away. Off to discount tire today to see if they can plug the tire, if not, time to break out some cash.

So in my kit, I have a jack, pump, plug kit, lug wrench and some other items. Very happy I also had a small set of pliers to get the bolt out. I did find I need a puck to put in-between the jack and the frame. Also need a wheel chock. When I parked the car I was on a slight upgrade, so got some roll on the car and the jack was at a bad angle.

So all of this said, buy the kit, you just never know when this will happen and saved a call to AAA. I really hate that newer cars are missing the spare tire, but at least you can retro fit the kit to this car.
Definantly a must when these cars run low profile tires. A good hit in a pot hole and usually the rim is bent and a side slice on the tire. That patch kit is useless. Stuck in the middle of nowhere with no cel service, you really need the spare kit.
BE4BE298-246F-4330-B5B6-3528FA8A3A2B.JPG
Trim piece and the OEM tool tray are cheap.
If you can get the spare from a wrecked GTI / R / S3 saves some money.🇨🇦

Attachments

• C2E0FA25-3E17-4CBA-9003-8021BFC1083A.JPG
    C2E0FA25-3E17-4CBA-9003-8021BFC1083A.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 135